Vaginal Yeast Infection Treatment- There are a number of ways to get rid of a yeast infection. The best method is to consult a doctor for proper guidance.
Yeast infection, though very uncomfortable, is a fairly common problem amongst women. How to get rid of a yeast infection is a question asked by at least 7 out of every 10 women today. Not only does the itching and burning makes social life embarrassing for sufferers, any form of intimacy seems unpleasant too. This infection is caused by Candida albicans, a fungus that normally exists in our body. Only when it starts proliferating, the problem arises.
How to get rid of a yeast infection:
- Do not have sex for some time as you may transfer the infection to your partner.
- Keep your vagina clean and dry. Candida thrives in a moist atmosphere. You must use cotton panties and loose clothing.
- Vaginal pH is affected by scented or perfumed hygiene products that may be used. Avoid them as they give Candida an environment to grow.
- Yogurt has Lactobacillus acidophilus, which kills the fungus. You can apply yogurt topically with the help of a tampon. Fill the tampon with yogurt and freeze it. Then, insert the tampon. The cold yogurt will also provide relief from the burning sensation.
- A clove of peeled garlic can be inserted in the vagina overnight to get rid of a yeast infectionpromptly.
- Wash your vagina with water to which 1 teaspoon hydrogen peroxide or vinegar has been mixed.
- Topical application of tea tree oil to the vaginal area is also very helpful.
- Consume cranberries or drink cranberry juice to reduce vaginal pH. This is known to be an effective remedy to get rid of a yeast infection.
- Monistat or vagistat are the over-the-counter vaginal anti-fungal creams that can be used. You can ask your doctor for the best course of treatment. Diflucan is an oral medication which is also effective.
- Acidophilus tablets, taken orally or used as a suppository are very useful.
- Stress is a common culprit in yeast infections.Stay stress free and get enough rest to ward off yeast infections substantially.
- Limit your sugar intake as Candida feeds on it.A diet that contains sugary foodswill hamper the healing process and lead to unnecessary complications.
Though there are a number of ways to get rid of a yeast infection, it is best to consult a doctor for proper guidance. Good hygiene habits and a healthy diet go a long way in warding off potential ailments.
Reda more articles on Vaginal Yeast Infection Treatment
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.