Create a healthy diet plan that works – Are you still wondering what diet is the best for you? Here are a few recommendations to help you create a healthy diet plan.
We all come across several dietary solutions promising to manage body weight. A diet plan working for one may not work for another, primarily because of the fact that every individual has his/her own metabolism. Another reason why diet plans don’t work is the inability to stick to it. It happens often that people begin a healthy diet plan with enthusiasm, but express disinterest within the first few weeks.
[Read: Low-fat Healthy Diet Plan]
How to Structure a Healthy Diet Plan
Here are some nutrition basics that you need to learn to structure a diet plan that will work for you.
- Determine your dietary needs – Visit a nutritionist to determine your dietary needs based on the factors, such as gender, age, body mass index (BMI) and medical history.
- Moderated diet with variety –A healthy diet must provide balanced nutrition encompassing carbohydrates, protein, fat, fibre, vitamins and minerals. Check out all the options you have and make sure your preferred list of foods meet everyday’s nutritional needs. Introducing a variety of foods will keep you hooked to the diet plan.
[Read: Foods that Get you in Mood]
- Say no to calorie restrictions – Don’t make it difficult for yourself to keep the diet plan going by setting calorie-restrictions or measuring servings.
- How you eat – Healthy foods will only help you if you eat them in the right manner. While eating, take time to chew your food. Savour every bite.
- Meals – Meal servings are important to maintain body functions. The morning meal must give you the energy to help you work through the day. Snack some fruits or have protein shakes to start your day. Thereafter, have three to four small meals to keep your metabolism going.
- Beware of diets touting to bring results for everyone – Some diet plans claim to be productive for everyone, whoever tries it. Promises of the diet plan won’t be fulfilled if the diet isn't flexible to complement your lifestyle.
- Get help – Ask friends, especially those with similar body types for their experience with diets. Pay attention to their experiences and take note of merits and demerits in the plan they followed.
[Read: Tips for Planning a Healthy Diet]
A diet plan will only work if you are the have energy and willingness to sustain it. It is not about maintaining a strict nutrition regimen or starving yourself of the foods you love. It’s just about making slight, manageable changes in your current diet plan.
Read more articles on Diet Plans
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.