Most toddlers become clingy at some stage; some pass through this stage quickly, but others don’t. Here are some suggestions to help you to cope with this phase of your child’s development.
- Make your toddler feel secure and comfortable; cuddle him, love him and play with him.
- Let your toddler know in advance if he is going to meet strangers. Similarly if you are going to leave him in a new place, arrange for him to be acquainted with the people and the place beforehand.
- Do not be overprotective; let him interact with other children.
- Appear comfortable and relaxed when you leave him with someone else; if you appear tensed or agitated, he is going to feel anxious.
- Do not sneak away, give a hug and say goodbye before leaving him with someone else; sneaking away will make him clingier. Assure him you will be back soon and he is safe there.
Let your child grow at his own pace; have patience and don't expect too much, too fast. Help him pass through this phase by being supportive, loving and caring.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.