How to discipline a naughty child is a controversial topic. Everyone can give you some suggestions on it - right from age-old spanking to time-outs and reasoning. But there is no sure fire way that will work for every child. Parenting is all about understanding the needs of your child and ensuring that he develops into a person with good values and morals. Read on to understand some tips on parenting a naughty child.
- Encourage good behavior from them; behave in a way you would expect of them. Explain how you feel about their behavior.
- Establish rules, limits and boundaries. He may test these limits so be consistent in your approach. Let him know what is not right or acceptable, and that he/she will be punished for bad behavior.
- Teach anger control; it is important to teach them self-control and anger control by behaving in the way you want them to behave. Help him understand that they need to put their feelings or anger in words rather that screaming or shouting.
- Reward them for good behavior with praise, good words, and smiles. Discipline is not about punishments only, but about recognizing good behavior as well. Reward for good behavior can have a significant effect.
- Encourage him to be active. Let them play outdoor games or go the park. This helps to dissipate their energy in a positive way.
- Talk and listen to him. Speak calmly, but firmly, if you do not agree with them. Do not scream or get angry.
- Give them responsibilities as this makes them feel grown up and channelizes their energy in a constructive way.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.