Ear infection and earaches that occur as a result of colds can be prevented. The prevention of earaches can also be done by making a slight change in home environment.
There are ways to prevent ear infection and earaches that occur as a result of colds. The preventive measures are all about altering the home environment.
Following are steps that can be followed in order to avoid an earache:
- Most ear problems (including earache and ear infections) begin with cold. Ensure that you protect your child from cold, particularly in the first year of life.
- Do not insert foreign objects in the ear.
- Ears must be dried with a clean cloth after a shower or a swim to avoid attraction of dust settlement in the ear.
- Ears must be protected against constant exposure to loud sounds and noises.
- One must ensure that the ear plugs used are clean and should preferably not be used by multiple persons.
- Flu is one of the common triggers of ear problems. Make sure that you ask your doctor about an annual flu shot and prevent ear complications besides flu.
- Second-hand smoke exposure put one at high risk of ear infections. Avoid contact to shield ear from medical complications.
Earaches can be caused due to common cold or an infection in the ear drum. Identifying the difference in the symptoms and approaching a doctor accordingly is the best way to deal with an earache. The ears are a very sensitive part of the body and utmost care should be taken of them.
Read more articles on Earache
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.