To prevent Primary Amenorrhea, follow a sensible exercise program and maintain a normal weight for your height and age.
Since amenorrhea is caused because of an underlying medical condition, the prevention strategies are pretty much what need to be followed to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Teenage girls can prevent primary amenorrhea by:
- Following a sensible diet program
- Maintaining normal body weight i.e. according to their height and age.
Teenage girls can prevent secondary amenorrhea by:
- Eating a diet that is balanced and meets the recommended supply of daily nutrition. Since this cannot be decided by the individual herself, she will have to have it devised by the dietician.
- Exercising moderately and ensuring that you do not overdo it. The goal should be to have an ideal muscle tone and body weight.
- Beating stress or other conflicts by seeking catharsis in a healthy outlet where there is no fear of betrayal, etc.
- Balancing recreation, work and rest time.
- Avoiding excessive cigarette smoking and consumption of alcohol.
Read more articles on Amenorrhea
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.