Acne is a common problem among people of all ages. Oce treated, it can be prevented from returning. Here are some tips listed to prevent the ugly pimples.
You may not be able to completely eliminate acne, but proper care can help to prevent acne outbreaks.
Most people note improvement in acne with treatmentb but after acne improves or clears, you may have to practice self-care measures and continue your acne medication or other treatment to prevent new acne breakouts.
Try these ways to prevent acne:
• Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser. Use a mild, non-drying soap and wash gently because vigorous scrubbing can irritate the skin.
• Regular washing helps to removes excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells. This doesn’t however mean that you must wash your face 10 times a day or whenever your face is oily. 3-5 times is more than enough.
• Always wash your face before going to bed to remove all dirt or make-up. It’s necessary to wash after exercising or any strenuous activity. But avoid excessive or repeated skin washing as too much washing can lead to irritation on skin.
• If you have oily hair, shampoo daily. Tie your hair to keep it out of your face and avoid tight headbands.
• Do not touch the pimples and avoid squeezing, scratching, or picking the pimples. It can lead to skin infections and scarring.
• Use water-based cosmetics or creams and avoid greasy ones. Do not use heavy make-up, instead go for light make-up.
• Remove the make-up at night as sleeping with make-up on can clog tiny openings of the hair follicles (pores) and aggravate acne.
• If you continue to have acne despite caring for your skin try over-the-counter acne medications meant to be applied on the skin. These topical medications may contain benzoyl peroxide, sulphur, resorcinol, or salicylic acid.
• The medications help to kill the bacteria, dry the excess oil, and can lead to peeling of the top layer of your skin. Consult your doctor before using these medications during pregnancy.
• Eat nutritious food to keep the skin healthy. Consume fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Try avoiding sugar, fried and processed foods.
• Exercise regularly for better blood circulation in the body and skin. After exercise take a shower to wash off the sweat.
• Avoid sun exposure as much as you can. Wear sunscreen every time you step out which will protect your skin from the harmful rays of sun.
Some people may need to continue use of prescription topical medication on acne-prone areas, or other treatment like oral contraceptives. Consult your doctor on ways to prevent new eruptions if pimples continue to be a problem.
Read more articles on Acne.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.