It is important to teach your kids to help at home, as this will stand to them when they eventually move out. It will also make your work easier and more organized. Read on to know some ways in which you can get you children to help at home.
- Decide upon the chores they should do; these chores should be age appropriate. Small children can help to pick up toys after playing, set or clear the table. Older children can be asked to make their beds, clean their rooms, dust and vacuum the house, feed the pets and throw out the garbage.
- Encourage your child to help at home as this gives them a feeling that work is part of their daily routine.
- Teach your child to do his own homework, this makes him independent.
- Make age appropriate rules if they do not finish their assigned work; for small children, do not let them play outside, while for older children, you can withhold a trip to the mall, a movie or pocket money.
- Don’t allow doing the chores at home to feel like a punishment; make a roster regarding who is doing what. This allows them to feel mature and responsible.
Many times you may feel that it is easier to simply do the chore yourself. By involving your child to help at home you teach them responsibility, competence, and self-sufficiency.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.