Women and men can have several similar health problems and some health problems can be unique to women such as dysmenorrhea (painful periods), leucorrhoea, menopause and pregnancy. Most of the women have a tendency to neglect their own health and focus instead on their partner's and their children's. It is equally important that you care for yourself. Homeopathy offers amazing treatment solutions for all the problems that are unique to women like menopause, PMS, painful periods, heavy periods, periodic swelling and bloating, or other problems of being a woman. Homeopathic medicines are gentle and effective. They help the body rebalance its own hormones without hormone replacement therapy or drugs which have severe side-effects. Homeopathic medicines are effective in emotional issues of women as well.
Homeopathy for Dysmenorrhea
Dysmenorrhea (or painful menstruation), affects about 50% of menstruating women. The pain in dysmenorrhea may start several days before menstruation, or may accompany it, and it usually subsides as menstruation tapers off. Homeopathy has several remedies for treatment of dysmenorrhea.
These include Belladonna, Chamomilla, Cimicifuga, Colocynthis, Magnesia phos, Nux vomica, Pulsatilla.
- Belladonna: Is useful in acute menstrual pain that is like labor pains, for severe pain that is sharp, or causes throbbing pressure in the pelvis and is associated with heavy bleeding; and for pain that causes backache and get worse with walking or moving.
- Chamomilla: This remedy is useful in women with menstrual pain with mood changes like irritability and anger.
- Cimicifuga: This remedy is useful in women with pain that shifts from one side of the abdomen to the other and worsens with movement.
- Colocynthis: This remedy is useful in women with sharp pain associated with mood changes like irritability and anger.
- Nux vomica: A useful remedy for pain with cramps that extend to the lower back and are accompanied by nausea, chills, irritability, and a sensitivity to light, noise, and odors.
An experienced homeopath usually assesses the symptoms your constitutional type before determining the most appropriate remedy for you.
Homeopathy for Leucorrhoea (White Discharge)
Leucorrhoea means white discharge which is an excessive secretion of the vagina. It has become a common problem and about 30 per cent of women have leucorrhoea that may be associated with discomfort and pain. The quantity of the discharge may be mild to severe. Several homeopathic remedies are effective in leucorrhoea.
Some of the remedies are
- Calcarea carbonica: Useful in patients with leucorrhoea that is profuse, milky, persistent or yellow and is associated with itching and burning. It is indicated for leucorrhoea in infants and young prepubertal girls, leucorrhoea before menses or in recurring attacks between the menses.
- Pulsatilla: It is effective in milky leucorrhoea which becomes watery, acrid and causes burning from being retained in the vagina.
- Sepia: It is effective in leucorrhoea which is yellowish green color, offensive and often causes excoriation due to pelvic congestion.
- Belladonna: Useful in patients with recent or acute attacks of leucorrhoea; thin, odorless, bland leucorrhoea; profuse bland leucorrhoea, yellowish, that causes great debility and backache.
- Arsenicum: Effective remedy in patients with leucorrohoea due to exhausting diseases, cancer, etc; leucorrohoea in weak persons, old women.
Some other remdies used in leucorrhoea are Lilium tigrinum, Kreasote, Borax, Alumina, Merc...
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.