Staph Infection which is used as a short form for the infection caused by Staphylococcus bacteria. It is a bacterial skin infection which can range from a simple boil to a life threatening infection.This infection generally looks like a yellow crusting on the skin and can begin with a little cut which can turn into a fatal disease if the infection enters the bloodstream. This infection is caused due to the staphylococcus microbe and can cause complications like septic arthritis, toxic shock syndrome and food poisoning. Here are some home remedies that can help you to treat this bacterial infection and prevent it from growing further.
Home Remedies to cure Staph Infection
Here are 5 all natural home remedies that will help you to cure staph infection on skin by assisting the ongoing medication to treat this condition.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
A magical liquid that is beneficial for health and is used to treat different health issues. Not just for your health but ACV works like magic for skin and hair as well. Due to its antifungal and antibacterial properties apple cider vinegar helps to lessen the infection by eliminating the microbes. The antimicrobial properties of ACV helps to treat staph infection by triggering the staphylococcus microbes and eliminating them.
Image Credits- Medical News Today
Here’s how you can use apple cider vinegar to treat staph infection-
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- Add the apple cider vinegar in a cup of water and mix well.
- Consume this mixture once a day on a regular basis to treat staph infection.
2. Tea tree oil
An essential oil that is known to solve all your skin care vows from pimples to acne marks, tea tree oil has been proven to be beneficial for treating staph infection as well. This essential oil is enriched with antimicrobial and anti inflammatory properties which helps to treat the skin infection caused by staphylococcus bacteria. Tea tree is a bactericidal herb which decreases the growth of bavaria and reduces the effect of staph infection.
Also Read: 7 Types Of Teas And Their Benefits For Skin
Follow these simple steps to use tea tree oil to cure staph infection-
- 3 drops of tea tree oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- In a bowl take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and add tea tree oil to it.
- Mix both the oils well
- Take a cotton ball and dip it inside this oil mix.
- Apply this oil soaked cotton ball on the affected area.
- Leave the oil overnight and rinse with plain water in the morning.
3. Basil Oil
Basil is a herb that can help to reduce redness, swelling, itching and prevent the further spread of bacterial infection on the skin. This herb has been proven to be preventive against various infections. Chew on some basil leaves and follow these simple steps to cure the staph infection and to prevent it from spreading any further-
Image Credits- Isabela's Clearly
- 3 drops of basil oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- In a bowl take some coconut oil and add a few drops of basil oil to it.
- Mix both the oils well.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it inside the oil mix.
- Gently apply the oil mix with the help of this soaked cotton ball on the affected area.
- Leave it on overnight
- Rinse it off with some cold water in the morning.
A spice that holds a special place in the Indian households that it's not just added to every vegetable fry recipe but is a part of many home remedies as well. Turmeric is a spice that comes with numerous health benefits and can do wonders to your skin as well. It is enriched with anti inflammatory and antibiotic properties which is effective in scrubbing the infection. Not just treating but this spice also helps in preventing the further spread of the infection.
Image Credits- Times Of India
Here’s how you can use turmeric to curb the staph infection and reap out the most benefits from this spice-
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 glass of water
- ½ teaspoon of crushed black pepper
- Take a glass of water and microwave it for 30-40 seconds so that it becomes lukewarm.
- Add a turmeric powder and crushed pepper to it.
- Mix everything well.
- Consume this spice mix first thing in the morning.
5. Aloe Vera
A plant that helps to provide relief from sun burns, has wound healing properties, nourishes skin and has been proven to be effective in treating skin conditions like acne, psoriasis and even staph infection. Due to the antibacterial properties present in the gel of this plant, it helps to treat the staph infection by curbing the growth of staphylococcus.
Image Credits- Vogue
Here is how you can use aloe vera gel in order to treat staph infection-
- 1 fresh aloe leaf
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf and slice it from the middle with the help of a sharp knife.
- Scoop out some gel from the aloe leaf with the help of a spoon.
- Apply this gel on the affected area and leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse the gel off your skin with the help of some cold water.
Now you know what staph infection is and what all things can help you to cure this bacterial infection. Follow these simple and all natural home remedies to cure staph infection along with your medication. Before jumping into these remedies make sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients used in them. If you are not sure about your allergies then we would recommend you to take a patch test before using these remedies on the affected area. Try out these simple and quick remedies on your own to get rid of staph infection.
Read more articles in Home Remedies
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.