Low libido affects us all at some stage, or to some degree, but it is a manageable complaint. When the right steps are taken, it's hardly an issue.
Low libido affects us all at some stage, or to some degree, but it is a manageable complaint. It can be quite worrying at times, but it’s not at all unnatural to go through periods of having a low sex drive. Certain factors can induce it, but these can all be remedied – in the short-term – using a variety of methods, but it shouldn’t be a long term issue for you.
[Read: Solutions for Low Libido in Men]
Maintaining a balanced diet - with plenty of fruit, vegetables and water – is par for the course when it comes to any health condition or sexual complaint. However, there are some foods, which have a reputation for increasing libido.
- Whether it’s cliché or not, oysters have the components to stimulate your sexual senses. They are the “go to” aphrodisiac historically when you’re feeling low; they’re loaded with zinc which increases the sperm count and testosterone levels, and the critical hormone dopamine, which is linked to hyper-sexuality.
- Celery contains androsterone, which acts as a pheromone for women, i.e. they become sexually aroused by it.
- The traditional banana is rich in potassium, but it’s also loaded with vitamin B supplements which increase energy levels, and bromelain enzymes which are linked to sex-drive.
- Avocados are weighted with folic acid, which boosts energy levels and gets the mind and the body right for sex.
- Eggs - which are laden with vitamins B5 and B6 - and various types of nuts promote the production of hormones.
[Read: Foods that improve Sexual Health]
- Grind equal quantities of black gram, rice wheat and long pepper; fry this in pure ghee and cook it with milk. Add some sugar to it before eating.
- Create a mixture of triphala powder and water, before adding a spoon if pure honey; take this in the morning.
- Place a teaspoon of honey into a glass of milk; it really helps to drive the immune system, giving a feeling of vitality and energy.
- Meditation, yoga or listening to soft music.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking and soft drugs.
[Read: Tips to Revive Sex Drive]
- Manage your stress levels; if you are feeling drained and worn out, then a low sex-drive is a natural consequence of this.
- Talk to your partner about it, maybe s/he can help.
- You could try holistic treatments, which help to stimulate a low sex-drive. Herbs have been used as sexual healers through the ages; two of which are Smilax (Sarsaoarilla) and Eleutherociccus Senticosis (Siberian Ginseng). However, it may be worth speaking to a holistic expert before you try any of these on your own.
Read more articles on Home Remedies
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.