Hair does not play any significant role in the physiological functions of the body, but severe hair loss indicates a serious health disorder. Try our home remedies to don healthy hair.
Beautiful hair contributes immensely to the personality of an individual, be it male or female. Although hair does not play any significant role in the physiological functions of the body, severe hair loss indicates a serious health disorder.
Nutritional deficiency, anaemia, hypothyroidism, prolonged suffering from a disease or certain medications may disrupt the general condition of the body leading to hair loss. However, some effective home remedies for hair are known to promote strong and lustrous hair growth.
Dr. Rashmi Malik - practicing dermatologist at Max Healthcare, New Delhi – advises:” Sufficient and regular intake of iron, folic acid and other nutrients in your daily diet are essential to maintain a healthy growth of hair. Additionally, your scalp should be kept clean and nourished with oil and gentle massages.”
According to the American Medical Association, 25 per cent of men start balding by 30 and two-thirds begin losing hair by the age of 60. Although constant shedding and growing of hair continues throughout life, there are certain home remedies for hair growth to help streamlining the process and preventing extreme hair loss.
Effective home remedies
- Massaging the scalp with coconut oil is one of the best home remedies for hair growth since it improves the blood circulation in the roots.
- Applying a mixture of Indian gooseberry juice and lime is also beneficial.
- Fenugreek seeds are very useful in treating hair problems. Soak fenugreek seeds overnight and grind them in the morning to make a paste.
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables daily to eradicate the root cause of hair loss. Regular intake of a nutritious diet is the basic treatment of all hair problems.
- Consume a mixture of the juices of lettuce and spinach for a healthy growth of hair.
- Application of onion juice on your hair stimulates the hair follicles and promotes the building up of new keratin cells.
- Application of a mixture of coconut, almond and olive oil on the scalp is very useful for hair growth. The mixture should be warmed and massaged gently into the scalp. This is one of the more popular home remedies for hair.
Proper care of the scalp is crucial since it enhances the blood circulation around the hair follicles present beneath the roots of hair, which aid in hair growth. For years now, home remedies for hair are doing as much to promote healthy and lustrous hair as anything you will purchase off a shelf in a supermarket.
Image Source: Getty
Read more articles on Home Remedies for Hair.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.