Do the unsightly pimple marks bother you and hamper your self confidence? Try these over-the-shelf, completely safe home remedies to get rid of them.
A powerful outbreak of acne can often leave ugly and persistent acne marks behind. Acne can occur in various forms which include blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples.
Image source : Getty
When there is a bout of acne, the underlying skin tissue undergoes significant damage. As the attack recedes, the skin goes through a repairing process, which results in permanent acne marks on the affected area.
Therefore, once you are affected by acne related problems, acne marks are almost inevitable. The intensity of acne marks depends on the severity of the acne problem that you have been subjected to. The greater the damage, the deeper the marks post healing.
In case the presence of acne marks on the back or face have been bothering you for some time, you can probably go for some home remedies for acne marks as they are considered safe and effective.
Also read : Home remedies to get rid of back acne scars
Apart from the various predominant causes which are known to be responsible for acne, there could also be side effects resulting from the usage of chemical based cosmetic products.
Therefore, natural remedies are highly preferred for dealing with acne marks, since they are free of associated side effects, simple to implement and most often, inexpensive too.
In addition, most of these treatment compounds are made at home from natural substances. Therefore, you are confident about the safety of the ingredients.
Treating acne marks: Natural home remedies
Acne scars can be effectively treated with the help of some extremely effective natural remedies. Some of them are:
- One of the simplest solutions would be to make a paste from sandalwood powder and rosewater. Apply this to the scars and affected areas and leave it on overnight. Wash it off in the morning for visible lightening of scars.
- However, for improved results, make sure to use sandalwood powder which is absolutely pure.
- Lavender oil can be an excellent home remedy for acne scars. Apply it twice a day over the scars and see the results in a few days.
- Honey is also excellent for acne marks. Just apply it on the marks and all over your face for prompt results. Honey not only deals with scars but also adds shine to the skin. It is also known to be a natural moisturiser for the skin during the excessively dry winter months.
- Make a pack with sour cream, yoghurt, some ground oatmeal and a few drops of lemon juice. This pack is to be applied on the scar and marks and kept on for about ten minutes. Once the pack has dried up on skin, wash it off.
- Extract some fresh cucumber juice in a cup and apply it on the acne marks about twice a day, for curing acne marks and blemishes.
- Apply a few drops of undiluted lime juice to your scars on a daily basis. Lime juice is considered to be a natural bleaching agent for the skin and helps in lightening scar marks considerably.
ALso read : How to eliminate pimples spots and oily skin?
Apart from these, there are several other home remedies for acne marks. However, not all of them may be equally and universally effective. You need to check the one that suits you the best and continue to apply the same over a period of time for sustained results.
Top image source : getty
Read more articles on Acne.
For more such stories, Download Onlymyhealth app
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.