To stay fit women need to exercise well and eat healthy. This article includes fitness facts for women.
Women and men are different. Yes, we already know that; what with the forgotten birthdays and the complete refusal to ask for directions when we’re lost. But that’s not it. Women need to exercise and eat and stay healthy differently, too. Here are ten quick fire facts about fitness for women that you should know.
- Women and men burn fat differently. The extra testosterone in men helps them build muscle and lose fat faster than women.
- Inch loss is weight loss. Guess what, it is easier to lose weight around your tummy than on your hips. So, work that middle, ladies!
- Fat cells in women are 5 times as large as men. Talk of the disadvantages of being a woman.
- Don’t judge your weight loss by the scale. Even if the scale shows no weight loss, as long as you’re eating right and exercising regularly, you may be converting fat into muscle, which is fantastic.
- Eating right and eating carefully is vital. Don’t just pick the fat-free box. Read the fine print. It may be high on sugar and calories. Not good.
- Women are more prone to stress than men, and stress causes all kinds of illnesses. So, remember to de-stress. Stay relaxed and stay healthy.
- Women tend to be more calcium deficient than men. Make sure you drink enough milk and eat calcium rich foods like broccoli, kidney beans and yoghurt.
- Thirty minutes of exercise a day, five times a week is all you need to keep fit and healthy. So, add some movement in your everyday routine. Park in the last row of the parking lot and walk briskly to office and back. Take the stairs, walk the dog.
- Women who suffer from heart diseases or arthritis have been found to experience improved daily function from involvement in various modes of physical activity.
- You will begin to see changes from your exercise regimen after about 12 weeks after However, changes in strength and endurance will be more visible much sooner.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.