Giving gifts is one of the important customs of diwali celebration. essential part of Instead of the usual box of sweets, go healthy this Diwali in gifting your loved ones.
Diwali is the time when the festive spirit is at its peak and everyone revels in meeting their friends and relatives. Giving gifts is the essential part of these get-togethers and friend visits and most of the time it is the box of sweets.
The tongue tingling sweets are hard to resist even as we remember our battle against bulge. Set a new example this Diwali by going healthy when gifting your loved ones. A healthy gift would be much more valuable than the most expensive gift item comprising of a frivolous item.
- Nuts and dry fruits pack– Almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pine nuts or cashews are some healthy gift options. You can get attractive gift hampers with these.
- Scented oils – Find out a store offering organic products and get bottles of scented oil with natural aroma to offer as gifts. Along with that, you can pack in some aroma soaps that are used in aromatherapy for relaxation and rejuvenation of the body. You may find readymade baskets with these products.
- Assortment of herbs – Present your near and dear ones with assorted herbs in eye-catching pots and advice them to use them for healthy cooking. Ask them to inculcate the habit of growing herbs at home.
- Basket of whole grains – Brown rice, whole rice (with choker intact), whole wheat pasta, couscous and quinoa are some healthy food stuff to gift your friends. Some soup packets would go very well with these and your friends would be able to use them even after the festival.
- Spa gifts – Surprise your brother, sister, parents or any other loved with a good spa deal. They would only thank you no end for coming up with such an innovative idea. The thanks would continue after the festival as they acknowledge the rejuvenation they got from the spa treatment.
- Gadgets – A cool watch or trendy iPod for your sister or brother is worth considering if you can. You should gift wrap the gadget to suit the festive occasion of Diwali. Shower good wishes with the trendy gadget and advice him or her to use the gadget to aid in building healthy habits. For example, iPods are useful for jogging or aerobics.
- Health basket – Have a collection of healthy items to gift away such as a Yoga or aerobics DVD, mp3 player with relaxing workout music, nutrition bar or health supplements such as multi-grain snack.
Image - Getty
Read more articles on Festival Fever.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.