Planks activate your upper body and lower body. For getting a flat belly, planks are highly recommended. Watch this video to understand how planks are a great way to strengthen your core, bringing you a lot many steps closer to your dream weight and waist. Read below to understand the various planks showcased in this video:
- Full plank: For this, keep your arms below your shoulders. Put your weight on your arms and toes equally and make a straight line with your body. Keep your spine straight and stable. Maintain it for 30 seconds with 15 seconds break
- Elbow Plank: Place your elbows on the mat and evenly distribute your weight on both elbows and toes. Again keep your back straight, maintaining your breath normally. Hold this position for 30 seconds
- Shoulder taps: Follow the full plank position, keeping your back straight by lifting your one hand and tapping on the opposite side shoulder. This will shift the weight on each side for a few seconds that challenges your upper body. Do 20 taps in total.
- Side planks: This focuses on obliques and back fat. Put your weight equally on your elbows as well as legs. Keep your body straight and balance your body by raising your other hand or placing it on your waist. Hold this position for 15 seconds and switch to another side.
- Hip dips: Come on elbow plank position and dip your hip either side. This variation focuses on your oblique and lower-back. Do 20 counts in total.
Watch more videos on Health Talk
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.