Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated all across the nation with great enthusiasm and joy. Devotees of Lord Krishna observe fast on Krishna Janmashtami. If you are fasting as well, here are some tips to make Janmashtami fasting healthy.
Happy Janmashtami 2019: Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated all across the world with great enthusiasm and joy. It is an annual celebration which marks the birth of deity Lord Krishna who is famously known as an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. Do you know that Lord Krishna was the eighth "Avatar" of Lord Vishnu? Yes, you read it right. Decorated temples, dandiya nights and various other religious programs/events are organised to celebrate the festival. Lord Krishna's idols are decorated with new clothes and ornaments. The idol is placed in a cradle to symbolise Lord Krishna's birth.
Devotees of Lord Krishna observe a fast on Krishna Janmashtami. The fast usually ends at midnight after all the rituals because Lord Krishna was born at that hour. If you are fasting as well, here are some tips to make this Janmashtami a healthy one.
- Take a healthy pre-fast meal. It will help you have a healthy digestive system on the fasting day. So have a filling mid-night meal before Janmashtami and wake up early to eat before sunrise. This will provide you energy to go throughout the day without any nourishment
- Stay hydrated throughout the day. You should drink a lot of water. You can also drink coconut water for extra nourishment. Most of the people do not drink water after sunset. So drink a lot water throughout the day. You should drink 5-6 liters of water
- Conserve your energy and avoid any kind of heavy physical activity. Take rest whenever required and avoid too much work
- Divert your attention from hunger. The more you think that you have not eaten, the more it will gnaw at your feeling of hunger. Keep yourself busy and do relaxing activities
- Eat a lot of fruits throughout the day. Almost everyone is allowed to eat fruits while fasting. Fruits provide the nutrients and vitamins that are essential for the body. Eating fruits like water melons or musk melons which have high water content will keep you energetic all day long. Eat filling fruits like banana with a glass of milk
- You can even try different shakes and smoothies with milk and the fruits you like. It will help you feel full for longer and active
- Do not take tea immediately after breaking fast. Since your stomach’s acidity is already high, due to not having proper food and water the entire day, having tea would only aggravate it and cause uneasiness
- Avoid oily food after breaking fast as much as possible. Eating foods that are spicy or oily can lead to gastric or acidity problems
- Do not eat too much suddenly after breaking your fast. Opt healthy cooking options to prepare dishes for the end of the day. The best way is to have light food that is high in healthy cholesterol and protein
- Try to stay at home and relax. don't stress and engage your mind in peaceful activities
- Tips to make Janmashtami fasting healthy
- Stay hydrated throughout that day
- Know other do's and dont's of fasting
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.