Gouty arthritis is caused due to the accumulation of uric acid around the bone area. Thus, care needs to be taken with regard to the diet the patient.
- The diet must be very low in purine-rich items such as sweetbreads and sardines. This component poses a high risk of inflammation.
- Also, protein should be reduced in the diet.
- A balanced amount of vitamin C, vitamin D, calcium and manganese must be provided for in the diet. Fresh fruits and vegetables such as mushrooms, cabbage, citrus fruits, beans can be included in this case.
- Alcohol is another commodity that threatens the uric acid level in the body. Its consumption must, therefore, be minimised.
- Water intake is also very helpful in treating this kind of arthritis.
These dietary changes must be accompanied by changes in the lifestyle of the patient, as well as, proper medication taken by the person.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.