Simple steps that can significantly decrease the risk of caries (tooth decay), gum disease and other dental problems.
Good oral hygiene is essential to maintain health of your teeth and gums and is important for your overall well-being. Healthy teeth help to make you look and feel good. They also help you to eat and speak well. Daily care of your teeth should include proper brushing and flossing, as these help to prevent problems before they start. Besides this proper brushing and flossing are much less painful, troublesome and more economical than treating conditions that have been allowed to progress.
Simple steps that can significantly decrease the risk of caries (tooth decay), gum disease and other dental problems include
- Brush thoroughly twice a day (in the morning, and before sleeping at night), floss daily
- Use toothpaste that contains fluoride, as fluoride strengthens tooth enamel, which can decrease the risk of decay.
- Avoid foods that stick to teeth, minimize snacking between meals,
- Practice good eating habits, eat a balanced diet and minimize snacking between meals. Avoid foods and drinks that contain excessive amounts of acid and sugar.
- Visit a dentist for check up every six to 12 months.
- Treat any dental problem that occurs promptly.
- Use a fluoride mouth rinse if your dentist advices you to
- Ensure that your children younger than 12 years drink fluorinated water. If you live in areas where fluorine content in water is less give them a fluoride supplement.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.