Getting pregnant in your 20s: women have a greater chance of getting pregnant in their 20s as it is at this age that they have larger number of eggs in their ovaries.
20s is regarded as the ideal age to conceive for women. During 20s, women experience several changes in their life such as completing studies, marrying and career development. Besides, it is also the time when women produce most eggs during their life. Getting pregnant during 20s has some definite advantages over getting pregnant after this age group.
In the 20s age group, a woman experiences regular periods that are also ovulatory. The phase when an egg is released every month is considered to be the best for fertility. Fertility of a woman drops with her age along with pregnancy complications such as miscarriage and birth defects such as Down syndrome.
Benefits of Pregnancy in 20s
- Risk of pregnancy complications is considerably less in the 20s.
- The likelihood of miscarriage is only 5 to 10 percent
- The incidence of birth defects such as Down syndrome is 1 in 1200.
- Risk of ailments such as gestational diabetes and hypertension is minimal.
- Postpartum weight loss and easy delivery is quite likely in the 20s.
- There are less chances of future complications such as ovarian and breast cancers.
- Women in their 20s are more active and ready to carry on with the pregnancy regimen.
Instructions for Pregnancy in 20s
- Women need to engage in physical exercises or activities for a healthy pregnancy. These exercises should be mild or moderate and not increase the heart rate and body temperature. Exercises that cause bouncing or risk the balance should be avoided during pregnancy term. Physical activities that involve various muscle groups such as walking, swimming and pilates are advised for pregnant women in their 20s.
- Consuming alcohol, caffeine, smoking, raw vegetables and undercooked food should be avoided during pregnancy, which may affect foetal development.
- Women should learn more about the pregnancy condition and make an attempt to reduce the risks and complications associated with it.
- Prenatal care is an integral part of the pregnancy term. Pregnancy test schedule, which involves a set of screenings, should be strictly adhered to.
- After 28 weeks, pregnant women experience foetal movement every day. See a consultant if you do not experience the movement in the womb.
- Pregnancy diet chart should be structured under the guidance of a nutrition expert. The diet should be well-planned to take care of the woman and her unborn baby. Diet chart also puts emphasis on scheduling of meals.
Read more articles on How to get Pregnant
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.