Take steps to lessen your chances of breaking a bone in the event that you do fall:
- Remember that falling sideways or straight down is more likely to result in a hip fracture than falling in other directions. If possible, try to fall forward or to land on your buttocks.
- If possible, land on your hands or use objects around you to break a fall.
- Walk carefully, especially on hard surfaces.
- When possible, wear protective clothing for padding.
- Talk to your doctor about whether you may be a candidate for hip padding.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.