Exercises for adults to lose weight - Know some exercises which adults can perform safely even if they have never exercised before and that can help them to lose weight.
Adults starting exercise for the first time in their life need to be careful. This is particularly important for men or women over 40, those who have a health condition or those who are under some sort of medication. You need to check with your doctor and choose only those exercises that are recommended by him. There are some easy to perform exercises which most adults can perform after getting it recommended from their doctor.
Simple Weight Loss Exercises for Adults to Lose Weight
- Walking – It can be done anywhere, anytime, whether you want to use a treadmill or not. Rather than treadmill, it would be much better to find some scenic spots you enjoy visiting. A botanical garden, the climb up a rock with a good natural view all around might help you take a liking for walking. Start with 10 minute sessions at places nearest to your home and gradually move up to 30 minute.
- Squats – This provides a very effective workout for your quadriceps, hamstrings and gluteals. The several muscles that can be exercised with squats make it a very advantageous workout. You need to keep your feet as much apart as your two shoulders while performing it. Now, bend your knees and lower your backside as though seating yourself in a chair. Make sure your knees are over your ankles. You can practice this by actually placing a chair but do not press your weight on it when you go down, but move up as soon as you touch it.
- Lunges – These provide workout to all the muscles of your lower body and also improve balance. First, take a big step forward while keeping your back straight; now bend your knee at around 90 degrees. Let your weight press on the back toes while dropping the back knee towards the floor, but do not touch the floor with it.
- Easy Push-ups – An easy way to start push ups for first timers or those looking for lesser strain is to do it while allowing the knees to touch the floor. You can gradually increase the intensity of this exercise by placing your knees on a raised platform such as a stair, bench or couch to get a better workout. If your doctor Okays it, you may also shift to the regular push up with straight knees.
- Abdominal Crunches – Lie on the floor with your feet placed flat on the floor, and support your head with palms. Press your lower back down. Now, raise your head by contracting your abdominal muscles and tucking in your chin. Follow this by raising your neck, shoulders and upper back.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.