EPT Pregnancy test kit is one of the accurate home pregnancy test kits available over the counter. Learn more about it, here.
EPT pregnancy test kit is a pregnancy diagnosis kit that helps a woman know whether she is pregnant or not within the confines of her home. Like all the home pregnancy test kits, EPT pregnancy test kit uses the first morning urine sample to diagnose pregnancy. The pregnancy test accuracy of an EPT pregnancy test kit is 99%.
Types of EPT Pregnancy Test Kits
The EPT pregnancy test kits can be broadly categorised into two: manual EPT pregnancy test and digital EPT pregnancy test.
Manual EPT Pregnancy Test
Steps to Using a Manual EPT Pregnancy Test Kit
- Open the packaging and take the test stick out.
- Remove the purple cap on the test stick to expose the absorbent tip to urine stream. Make sure that the absorbent tip faces downwards when you hold the test stick.
- Keep the absorbent stick in the urine stream for 5 seconds or dip it in a container of urine for 20 seconds.
- Rest the test stick on a flat surface with the window of the device facing outwards. Leave for 2 minutes to get the results.
Digital EPT Pregnancy Test Kit
Steps to using a digital EPT pregnancy test kit
- Open the packaging and take the test stick out and remove the cap from the test stick.
- Insert the test stick into the holder. Try until you hear a click. The purple arrows on the test stick and holder must line up properly.
- Hold the absorbent tip in the urine stream for 5-7 seconds or dip it in a container of urine for 15 seconds.
- The test ready symbol should flash in about 20 to 30 seconds implying that the sample is being processed and that the test device must not be ejected.
- The oval-shaped window will reveal the result in approximately 3 minutes. It will either show ‘pregnant’ or ‘not-pregnant’.
When is the Best Time to use EPT Pregnancy Test Kit?
The best time to use EPT pregnancy test kit is as soon as the first period after intercourse is missed. You may even take the test about 4 days before the expected period date. If you choose to take the test 4 days before the expected period date, be prepared to read a negative result because of the presence of low levels of the HCG hormone in the urine. If you get a negative result on the first attempt, retake the test 24 hours after the date of the expected period.
Read more articles on Pregnancy Test.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.