Exercises impart a positive effect on type 2 diabetes. It effectively maintains the blood sugar level without the use of medications.
Exercising is a way by which type 2 diabetes can be controlled effectively. When accompanied by a well balanced diet and proper medication, it helps a lot in controlling the type 2 diabetes.
Exercise improves the overall body functioning including heart. This in turn decreases the chance of heart diseases and strokes that are very common in people suffering from type 2 diabetes. Exercising also induces the pancreatic muscles to release insulin that is required for sugar metabolism. Type 2 diabetes can be controlled by maintaining a proper level of blood sugar.
While exercising the body needs more energy, so it starts burning more calories to fulfill the high energy demand. High calorie utilization enhances weight loss and weight loss has a positive effect on people suffering from type 2 diabetes. Exercising also relives you from depression and stress and even this has a positive effect on the condition of type 2 diabetes.
Apart from the above, exercising has some other effects also which indirectly control the symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
- Exercising increases the blood pumping capacity of the heart.
- It decreases the blood cholesterol level, thus preventing the blocking of arteries.
- Decreases the risk of heart attacks and brain haemorrhages.
- Maintains the blood pressure and blood glucose level.
- Improves the cardiovascular functioning of the body.
Exercise induces the body to utilize glucose at a much faster rate, thus maintaining the overall sugar level. It also decreases the intake of medicines in people suffering from type 2 diabetes. It increases the insulin sensitivity of the body muscles. Exercise improves the absorption rate of body’s own insulin, hence preventing hypoglycaemia. It also helps body cells to respond well to the production of insulin. Exercising keeps a check on weight gain also. In a person suffering from type 2 diabetes, weight gain causes numerous health disorders.
Exercising is good for people suffering from type 2 diabetes, but they should take the following precautions while exercising.
- People having type 2 diabetes develop heart infections faster, so it’s advisable for them toconsult their doctor before starting the exercises.
- Keep a record of your glucose level before and after the exercise.
- Strenuous exercises are not at all recommended for people suffering from type 2 diabetes. So don’t ever try to do them.
Exercise is a very natural and effective way of keeping a control on type 2 diabetes. It will give you prolonged and definite results.
Read more articles on Understand Type 2 Diabetes Milletus.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.