An eye shadow is an important part of make-up and demands that it be done in accordance with the occasion. Check out this quick guidetips to apply it easily.
Eye shadow is an essential ingredient of face make-up. It can be used to either soften or intensify the look of your eyes.
The choice would depend on various factors. Some of the common determining factors include, the occasion for which you are dressing up, the shape of your eyes and the texture of the make-up product chosen. However, particularly for amateurs, eye shadow application might require some comprehensive training.
Easy Ways to Put on Eye Shadow
- If you are looking for a quick touch-up, there are simple ways of achieving the same. Start with base shading on the upper lid. Add some crease and apply strokes blending upwards, up to the middle point of the eyebrows. You might also consider adding a thin line just below your lower eyelashes.
- For a more sophisticated look, use two colours instead of one to do the trick. Use the darker shade to apply on the outer corner of eyelids. Apply in a horizontal “v”. Apply more of the darker shade on the crease of the eye. The lighter shade should be used for highlighting the inner eye corner, right below the brows and above the iris. Your eye shadow make-up for a distinctly polished look is done.
- For the ideal evening makeup, easy ways to put on eye shadow will mean skilfully using up to four distinct colours. Use the base colour for the upper eyelid. Take care not to extend it to the nose or way up to the brows. This will ensure that you steer clear from the clownish look. Contouring colour should be applied on the lashes and crease. More colours are to be added to the outer corner of the eyes. This will connect the lines along lashes with the ones on the crease.
There are some basic rules to applying any colour to any eye shape.
- A medium colour should be applied on the eyelid. It is the area running from the eyelashes to the crease of your eyes (the slight dip between your eyelid and your brow bone). You can pick a medium pink. Light brown or any other medium-hued shade for this area.
- The brow bone should be covered with a light shade. Highlight this are to make more light bounce back. You can brush on a pearly off-white, light gold or other delicate colour that matches your skin tone.
- Apply a dark colour on your crease. Use light, little strokes to deposit little bits of darker powder on the crease of your eye. Go from the outer corner of your crease and follow the arch about 2/3 of the way in toward the inner corner of the eye. Try a violet, brown or other dark colour that matches up with the first two colours you used.
Now, you would need to use highlighter shades under the eyebrow and also in the inner corner of the eye. Finally, you need to apply accent colour to the upper lid, right above the iris.
These are some of the simplest and easy ways to put on eye shadow for three distinct looks. It is always advisable to start off with simple techniques and graduate to tougher techniques.
Read more articles on Eye make-up.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.