How much water to drink every day? A simple question with a very difficult answer. It is not easy to assess what is the standard requirement of water for an individual.
How much water to drink every day? A simple question with a very difficult answer. It is not easy to assess what is the standard requirement of water for an individual. It is subjective of many factors like weight, climate and activity levels. Our body is made up of 60 per cent of water. Every day a normal person loses water through breath, sweat, urine and bowel movement. This water needs to be replenished or replaced. To generalize '8 x 8 rule' - drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day (about 2 liters). It can also be modified as 'drink eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day' as all fluids count toward the daily total requirement. Though this is not supported by any scientific evidence, many people use this basic rule as a guideline for how much water and other fluids to drink.
Another easy way to calculate is -Divide your weight (in kilograms) by 30 (ex. somebody weighing 70 kg is going to need 2.3 liters/day) 10 healthy reasons to drink adequte water: Weight loss. Water is one of the best ways to lose weight. It replaces high-calorie drinks like soda and juice and alcohol with a drink that doesn't have any calories. But it's also a great appetite suppressant and often when we think we're hungry, we're actually just thirsty. Water has no fat, no calories, no carbs, no sugar.
Healthy Heart: Drinking a good amount of water could lower your risk of a heart attack. Energy. If you're thirsty, you're already dehydrated which can lead to fatigue, muscle weakness, dizziness and other symptoms. So it's a source of instant energy. Hot or humid weather can make a person sweat and require additional intake of fluid. Heated indoor air also can cause your skin to lose moisture during winters. Further, altitudes greater than 2,500 metres (8,200 feet) may trigger increased urination and more rapid breathing, which use up more of your fluid reserves Dehydration commonly causes Headache: Often when we have a headache it's simply a matter of not drinking enough water.
Pregnancy or breast-feeding: Women who are expecting or breast-feeding need additional fluids to stay hydrated. Large amounts of fluid are lost especially when nursing.
Healthy skin: Drinking water can clear up your skin and people often report a healthy glow after drinking water. It doesn't happen overnight, but consistent consumption of water has good effects on the skin.
Digestive problems: The digestive system needs a good amount of water to digest food properly. Often water can help cure acidity problems, and water along with fibre can cure constipation.
Cleansing: Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body.
Healing: It has been shown that proper water intake promotes healing processes. Drinking water helps to exercise harder. Dehydration severely hampers physical activities and slows you down. Exercise requires additional water, so be sure to hydrate before, during and after exercise. Cancer risk. Drinking healthy amount of water has also been found to reduce the risk of colon cancer by 45 per cent. Drinking lots of water can also reduce the risk of bladder cancer by 50 per cent and also reduce the risk of breast cancer.
Beyond the tap: Other sources of water On average, food provides about 20 per cent of total water intake, while the remaining 80 per cent comes from water and beverages of all kinds. For example, many fruits and vegetables such as watermelon and cucumbers are nearly 100 per cent water by weight. Beverages such as milk, buttermilk and juice are also comprised mostly of water. Even beer, wine and caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea or soda can contribute, but these should not be a major portion of your daily total fluid intake. Water is one of your best bets because it's calorie-free, inexpensive and readily available.
Remember: -To carry a bottle of water everywhere-keep a glass/bottle of water handy on your desk while working-Drink enough water while exercising If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.