Double Duet means like a double filling (2 TIER) sandwich. Sufficiently sustaining for a light meal. A few ready-made potato chips can be served along with these sandwiches to make the meal wholesome.
Double Duet means like a double filling (2 tier) sandwich. Sufficiently sustaining for a light meal. A few ready-made potato chips can be served along with these sandwiches to make the meal wholesome.
- 3 white bread slices
- 6 brown bread slices
- 14-15 paalak leaves - steam by placing them in a big steel strainer kept upon a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes, till leaves turn a little soft
- 3 tbsp grated cheese (1 cube)
- 1 cup curd - hang for ½ hour
- 50 gms paneer - grated or ½ cup home made paneer - mashed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black or white pepper
- ½ tsp bhuna jeera (roasted cumin powder)
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce or tomato sauce
- ½ cucumber - peeled, grated (½ cup)
- 1 small carrot - finely grated (½ cup)
- 1 tomato - cut into 4 pieces remove pulp and chop
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 pinches pepper or to taste
1. Tie the curd in a muslin cloth and hang for 30 minutes.
2. Mix grated vegetables, tomato, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Beat hung curd till smooth. Add paneer, salt, pepper, bhuna jeera and mustard powder and chilli sauce or tomato sauce. Keep aside.
4. Spread 1 heaped tbsp curd paste on one slice of brown bread.
5. Cover with paalak leaves. Spread 1/3 portion of the vegetables.
6. Top with a buttered white slice with buttered side down. Press lightly.
7. Spread 1 tbsp curd spread again on this slice. Sprinkle 1 tbsp cheese.
8. Top with a buttered brown slice with the buttered side down. Press.
9. Keep aside. Similarly make 2 more sandwiches. Wrap them in a cling film and refrigerate.
10. At serving time, remove the side crusts and cut into half diagonally to get 2 triangular 2 tier sandwiches from each.
Recipe Courtesy: Nita Mehta (Nita Mehta is world famous Cookery Expert, who has authored more than 250 books on world cuisine)
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.