Willing to try something new this festive season? Try almond strawberry cream which is easy to make and your guests would love it.
Diwali Special Recipes 2020: The festive season is right around the corner and everyone has begun with the preparations for the most awaited festival of the year. We all love to indulge in those tasty festive delights but little do we know that having a bit too much of that would take a toll on our health. So let us look at some healthy, yet absolutely delectable recipes specially curated by culinary king Chef Manish Mehrotra that would be perfect for this Diwali to satiate your sweet tooth.
ALMOND AND MAKHANA KHEER
Serves: 2 – 3 people
- Full cream milk- 2 cups
- Sugar- 4 tbsp
- Saffron strands- a pinch
- Cardamom powder- ½ tsp
- Almond slivers- ½ cup
- Makhana (fox nuts)- 1 cup
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Heat some ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan. Add makhana and almond slivers and roast them till they are golden.
- Heat milk and add saffron strands to another heavy-bottomed pan and bring it to a boil. Keep stirring the mixture to avoid sticking on the bottom.
- Add sugar to the boiling mil, and mix well.
- Add fox nuts or makhana and almond slivers to the mixture.
- Keep cooking the mixture till the makhana becomes softs and milk thickens a bit.
Serve the kheer hot or chilled. Top it with roasted almond sliver and chopped roasted makhana.
Also Read: Healthy Desserts To Try This Festive Season
2. ALMOND STRAWBERRY CREAM
Serves: 3-4 persons
- Almonds- ½ cup
- Fresh strawberry - 12-14 pcs
- Whipping Cream- 1 cup
- Basil leaves (Tulsi)- 1 tsp
- Powdered Sugar- 3 tbsp
- Toast the almond flakes in the oven at 180°C for 4 minutes.
- Cut the strawberries into 1 cm dices.
- Whip the cream along with sugar. Do not over whip it or the butter will separate.
- Mix the almond flakes and strawberries into the cream along with hand-torn holy basil.
Garnish with almonds and sliced strawberries.
With Inputs from Chef Manish Mehrotra, Indian Accent, The Lodhi, New Delhi.
Read more such articles on Healthy Diet
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.