Sesame Vegetable Rounds and Minty Dal Kebabs are delectable stuff for calorie conscious people. Read on to find out how to make those.
Sesame Vegetable Rounds
6 bread slices
1 large potato- boiled and grated,
1 small onion - chopped finely,
1 carrot - grated,
1 capsicum - chopped very finely (diced),
2 tsp soya sauce,
2 tsp tomato sauce, ½ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp chilli powder, 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste,
2 tsp sesame seeds (til) - to sprinkle.
- In a non stick pan, add onions with ¼ cup water. Cook till onions turn soft and the water dries.
- Add vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Reduce flame, add potatoes, soya sauce, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, chilli powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Keep aside.
- With a biscuit cutter or a sharp lid, cut out small rounds (about 1½" diameter) of the bread.
- Spread some potato mixture in a slight heap on the round piece of bread, leaving the edges. Press!
- Sprinkle sesame seeds. Press!
- Grill at 180°C for 8 minutes or till bread turns crisp from the under side. Serve, dotted with chilli-garlic or masala chilli tomato sauce.
Minty Dal Kebabs
Ingredients Boil together:- 1½ cups channe ki dal (split gram), 1 tsp salt, ¼ tsp jeera (cumin seeds), seeds of 2 moti illaichi (brown cardamom) - crushed, 3-4 laung (cloves) - crushed, 3-4 saboot kali mirch (peppercorns) - crushed, 1" piece ginger and 4-5 flakes garlic - crushed or 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 2½ cups water, 2 green chillies - chopped finely, 2 onions - chopped finely, 4-5 tbsp chopped poodina (mint), ½ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp amchoor (dried mango powder)
- Clean, wash dal. Pressure cook dal with salt, jeera, crushed seeds of moti illaichi, crushed laung, crushed saboot kali mirch, ginger, garlic and water. After the first whistle, keep the cooker on slow flame for 15 minutes.
- After the pressure drops down, mash the hot dal with a karchhi. If there is any water, mash the dal on flame and dry the dal as well while you are mashing it. Remove from stove.
- Add all other ingredients to the mashed dal.
- Check/taste salt and add more if required. Make small round discs.
- Grill at 230°C for about 20 minutes till done. Serve hot with mint chutney.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.