In today's world, everyone wants to look good and beautiful and why not. This great boost to confidence commands attention from those around us.
In today's world, everyone wants to look good and beautiful and why not. This great boost to confidence commands attention from those around us. Festival season is a great time to experiment with your make-up, hair styles and wardrobe, in short, a complete makeover.
There are some basics that need to be kept in mind while applying make-up:
- Know your skin type (complexion, Normal, Dry, Oily, sensitive etc)
- The occasion (Office, party, day, evening, bridal etc)
- Season (Monsoon, summer, winter)
Choice of colours or shades for dark skin should be light as dark skins have tendency of showing up layers when makeup is applied. Blushers that are coloured with peach or brown shades are a clear no-no for this complexion.
Those with fair skin can experiment with either shade, depending on skin type, occasion and season.
Make-up should be applied in the following order:
Cleansing, applying foundation, concealer, eye shadow, eye liner, eye mascara, powder, blush; Lip liner/ Lipstick/ Lip gloss
For party make-up, it is essential to wear a foundation with a light base to highlight lips and eyes. Also, light-based foundation will keep you fresh throughout the party.
For a perfect base before putting on party makeup, wash your face with warm water. You can also massage your face with a tinted oil- free moisturizer that is blended with illuminating products like shimmer dust or highlighters. After doing this, you can begin lightly brushing your face with loose powder.
Keep in mind that using skin illuminators is a great help in hiding dark circles and skin imperfections.
During informal parties, do not overdo your party makeup. Just wear subtle colours. For daytime informal parties, wear a mint green eye shimmer that will give accent to your eyes. Do not use the luminous makeup. Instead try using the blended shades of green and pale pink. Bear in mind that your confidence and personality are all that matter and not your looks. So try to keep your party makeup up to your comfort level only.
Polishing an ice cube on your face for about five to ten minutes before applying party makeup will give a long lasting effect
For instant party makeup, use silver, bronze and gold liners with some festive touch.
Sheer use of blush colours is applicable for office parties. The colours of pink, grey and brown shades are perfect for this
Office makeup should be as light as possible especially in the morning because the harshness of the sun rays can easily point out all flaws concealed by office make-up.
Refrain from using any type of face cream or foundation for office makeup in the morning. Light application of rouge with some soft shades of lipstick, eyeliner, powder puff and mascara coating work best for office makeup.
Before putting on office makeup in the morning, clean the face with cleansing milk and then apply toner. This process will help skin pores to shrink as well as remove all dirt caught by your skin. Applying moisturizer is also best before starting the application of office makeup.
Liquid eyeliner is the best for eyes as office makeup. For finishing touch, a coat of mascara would be great. It is best to use a light beige colour eyeshadow on the top of your eyelid. A light orange colour at the bottom of your eyelid will help extend the crease of your eyes. You can do this by using a small-sized brush.
When applying lipstick for office makeup, use a tissue paper to remove any blot. This will give your lips a more natural look.
- If your eyes need brightening, it is a good idea to use shades of creamy beige, pearl, soft lilac or see-through wine eye colour.
- If you don't have a concealer in hand, you can always use a brush dipped in foundation in order to cover any unsightly blemishes or under eye circles.
- Avoid using concealers that have either pink or orange undertones as they will only highlight rather than hide any imperfections or discolorations.
- If you want your blusher to look really natural once you have applied it, you need to choose a shade that matches your skin colour when you blush naturally.
- If you want to look well groomed but not heavily made up, ensure that you have no harsh make-up lines around the eyes. The secret as always is to blend thoroughly.
- For blondes and those with fair hair, brown mascara is a more natural-looking option than black and if more definition is required a brown/black variety is suitable.
- If you want to wear a really pale shade of eye shadow, try adding definition to the eyes with a pencil and mascara to avoid looking washed out
- If you don't want to wear any make-up, try sweeping a large brush loaded with bronzing powder over your skin to create a healthy-looking golden finish.
- The tone of your skin will change with the seasons, so adapt the colour of your foundation to suit by adding light or dark powder to subtly warm it.
- You will get more mileage from your lipstick if you apply it with a lip brush.
- Lip gloss comes in a wand, a tube or a pot and is creamy and translucent. It is often worn alone or sometimes over lipstick to give additional shine.
- Make up should be done according to the occasion.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.