Cosmetic Dental Surgery Procedures: There are several dental procedures by which one can correct facial appearance or fix specific problem. Before opting for the one, one needs to consider all the pros and cons of cosmetic dental surgery procedure
There are innumerable cosmetic dental surgery procedures that can give smiling appearance you’ve desired since long. Such procedure might be individually done or sometimes done in conjunction with another procedure. Among foremost reasons to get these procedures done is by fixing a specific problem and improving facial appearance.
Cosmetic dental surgery procedures, also known as cosmetic dentistry, is an effective way to enhance smile through various procedures that include teeth straightening, dental crowns, laser teeth whitening, bonding, porcelain veneers, and many more. Dental bridges and fixing dentures are also classified under cosmetic dental procedures.
Cosmetic Dental Surgery Procedures
There is no dearth of reliable procedures to improve one's smile. Some of the common procedures of dental surgery are briefed below:
- Teeth Whitening: The procedure is specifically done for removing coffee, cigarette, and other stains from teeth. One of the common methods of teeth whitening is teeth bleaching.
- Dental Veneers: Veneers are the thin pieces of porcelain that cosmetic dentist applies to shadow gaps within teeth or reshape front face of individual teeth. The procedure initiates with removal of thin layer of the existing tooth to create a room for fitting veneer.
- Teeth Straightening: A form of accelerated orthodontics, teeth straightening is the process for alignment of teeth. Standard metal braces or invisible braces are the options available for the procedure.
- Teeth Bonding: One can correct gaps, chips, or other flaws in teeth by teeth bonding. A composite resin matching the colour of teeth is used for bonding procedure. The resin is applied at first, which is followed by touch-ups.
Types of Gum Surgeries
Gums give form and shape to top of the tooth, which is responsible for smile’s attractiveness and unattractiveness. Weakening of teeth, happening due to poor hygiene or gum diseases, results in unattractive smile. Such circumstances can be easily encountered by cosmetic gum solutions like composite resin bonding, crowns and veneers. Detailed below is the classification of gum surgeries:
- Long in the Tooth Smile: One of the common cosmetic gum surgery procedures, ‘long in the tooth smile’ provides correction from deformity or gingival problems that prevents the beautiful smile. Also known as periodontal plastic surgery, these surgeries are undertaken to shadow the aging appearance of teeth.
- Gummy Smile: Another popular gum surgery is gummy smile, which is usually done to expose more teeth that appear too short. The procedure is also referred to as gum sculpting.
Read more articles on Dental Procedures
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.