Common Mistakes to Get Pregnant - There are many mistakes that are commonly done by couples while trying to get pregnant. This article includes possible mistakes done by couples who are trying to conceive.
Women trying to conceive often make some mistake that hurt their chances of getting pregnant. Below mentioned are the common mistakes that delayed pregnancy:
- One of the common mistake that people make while trying to get pregnant is that they do not time intercourse during ovulation. Since ovulation is the most fertile period of menstrual cycle it is best to time your sex around ovulation. Egg releases during ovulation and lives for around 12 to 24 hours. On missing this fertility window your chances of getting pregnant dramatically goes down.
- Frequent sex decreases the sperm count as well as quality. Experts are of the view that, having sex on alternate days is best for getting pregnant. But what is important here is to know your ovulation period and time your sex accordingly.
- It often happens that women who face problem in getting pregnant start blaming themselves. However, in more than 40% of infertility cases the problem is in men. If you are not able to conceive even after trying for a year then both the partners must consult doctor.
[Read: When to have Sex to get Pregnant]
- While trying to get pregnant women are so much occupied with the actual process that they forget the basic things. Most couples neglect the importance of healthy diet and lifestyle in getting pregnant. Being attentive to small health situations can increase your chances to conceive. Unhealthy eating habits, overweight, stress, smoking and drinking alcohol can drastically decrease your chances to conceive.
- Another common mistake is regarding consultation with specialist. Some women are lucky enough to conceive quickly but if you are less than 35 years old then it is normal to take as long as one year to get pregnant. If you are taking long to conceive then it is wise to consult your doctor, especially if you have any underlying health problem.
- Another common mistake is to have sex only on the ovulation day. The problem with this approach is that you may miscalculate your ovulation date and end up losing chance of getting pregnant for a month.
- Some couples are obsessed about the best sexual position to conceive. Experts suggest that as soon as men ejaculates majority of sperms immediately goes towards women’s egg. The left over liquid only have few sperms. There is nothing wrong in experimenting with sex position so that you lose minimum sperm but don’t stress yourself about it.
Read more articles on How to get Pregnant.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.