The chances of pregnancy with one fallopian tube are therefore, bright. It all depends on how proactive you are about your care and supervision.
Being pregnant and giving birth to another soul is miraculous! It is known to be the best feeling in the world. However, this news is for women who want to start their family (to get pregnant) with the little one in their life. But before this, do you have any idea about the female reproductive system? Yes, the correct positioning of the fallopian tube and ovaries play a major role in being pregnant.
It's sad for those women who are suffering from a blocked fallopian tube, as the chances of pregnancy diminish by fifty percent. The reason behind such cases is, only 1 fallopian tube is available for carrying the sperms to the ovaries for fertilization. However, the fact that the chances of pregnancy with 1 fallopian tube are reduced by 50% is more a myth than a fact. Whether a woman can successfully conceive with one fallopian tube or not will depend on various other factors.
Chances of Pregnancy with One Fallopian Tube
Also Read: Uterine Cancer - All your Queries Answered
- If either of the fallopian tubes is functioning normally, there is no reason why a woman cannot conceive normally. This is subject to the fact that she tracks her basal body temperature and plans the sexual intercourse to coincide with the ovulatory cycle. In such cases, the chances of getting pregnant would be as ripe as in the case of a woman with two healthy fallopian tubes.
- Normally, the egg is produced into the tube that’s closer to the ovary. If this tube is located on the opposite side, there could be a major problem. These issues, however, can be addressed with the aid of an IUI, IVF or such other forms of productive assistance.
- Chances of pregnancy with one fallopian tube will depend on the overall health of the patient in question. For example, if she has normal menstrual cycles with no problems in ovulation or conception, there is no reason why she would not be able to conceive normally.
- In certain cases of the blocked fallopian tube, the problem can be treated with the aid of laparoscopic surgery, which can rectify matters.
- Women with one fallopian tube should remain under constant medical supervision. Their medical condition must be monitored repeatedly to avoid associated complications.
- In certain cases, the fallopian tube may be partially blocked. In such cases, neither can the egg reach its destination nor can the sperm establish direct contact with it. Also, a tubular pregnancy becomes a ripe possibility. The sperm fertilizes the egg and the embryo gets lodged into the tube. Tubular pregnancies will require surgeries for complete removal.
The chances of pregnancy with one fallopian tube are, therefore, bright. It all depends on how proactive you are about your care and supervision.
Read more articles on Women’s Health
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.