Learn the chakra meditation techniques that suit you and which can bring about relaxation and body rejuvenation.
Chakra meditation involves being in sync with your inner being as represented physically by the seven zones of power centres in the body. Let you briefly go through the seven chakras and the kind of life force they govern –
- The first chakra is located at the base of your spine. It is red in colour and is concerned with survival.
- The second chakra, called third eye chakra, is positioned next to the spleen. It is the governing power centre for your emotions and feeling of pleasure.
- The third chakra, yellow in colour is placed behind your solar plexus. It governs your ability to make decisions, creative expression and will power.
- The fourth chakra is your heart chakra. It is the window between your physical and spiritual selves. It is the mid-point of consciousness between your physical self and spirituality.
- The fifth chakra is located in the throat and is concerned with psychic hearing.
- The sixth chakra, located in between your forehead or in the brows, regulates your pineal gland and determinative faculty.
- The seventh chakra located at the top of your scalp is white in colour. It represents the height of enlightenment, wisdom and awakening to truth.
Some of the meditation techniques one can use for mental, spiritual and physical development are:
- For Beginners – This is the basic meditation techniques which can relax your mind and revitalise your body. The practitioner has to sit in a sukhasana, or the usual cross-legged positions preferred for this and breathe in and out quickly. They should be careful to keep their neck, spine and waist in one line, as though a soldier in attention. Concentrate on the tip of the nose and also the way your stomach is responding rhythmically to the inhales and exhales. Breathe for a minute and extend it up to 11 minutes with practice. You can also increase the speed.
- Heart Chakra Meditation – This is meant for advanced practitioner or those who want to experience a higher spiritual dimension. Sit in the relaxed, cross-legged pose and breathe into the heart chakra. It means while inhaling deeply and exhaling completely, feel the energy revitalising your heart chakra. After you feel really centred in your chakra, breathe into the third and fifth chakra and feel your consciousness engulfing the space. Remaining centred in your heart chakra, now you can try to breathe into the other two set of chakras, i.e. the second and sixth, and the first and seventh. This can completely revitalise and energise your whole being.
- Audio Meditation – In this form of meditation, certain soothing sounds that have the special quality of affecting your heart is used for bringing about a state of meditative bliss. You are able to visualise the psychic passage between the trigger point in front of the heart and the heart chakra. The breathing is more or less the same with the above meditation technique but this is more suitable for people who are sensitive to music.
Read more articles on Meditation
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.