Being fatigued and sleepy can pretty much ruin your day and put it up for no productive use. Know what the causes of it may be and how you can fight it.
Have you ever wondered what it is that is making you tired and fatigued, why you are feeling sleepy all the time or why office hours are no more fun and energy is at an all time low? There could be several reasons for this drop in energy and we are here to pin point some for you.
Here are five factors that could be responsible for your fatigue and sleepiness:
- Not Enough Sleep: The most obvious reason for your sleepy and fatigued life is lack of sleep. How many hours do you sleep at night? Try to remove laptops, mobile phones and all the gizmos that keep you awake up until late. Sleep early and wake up with the birds and we hope that you will feel better!
- Sleep Apnea: Even though you are spending eight hours in bed, you are still sleepy and tired. The reason probably is sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is symbolic of interrupted breathing or low breathing that often wakes one up. The best way to cure this is to quit smoking and losing weight if you are overweight. Also, make sure that there is room for adequate ventilation in your bedroom.
- Not Enough Food: Eating is very important but did you know that eating right is even more important? You may be eating all throughout the day, but if you are not eating the right type of food, you are calling in trouble. Try to eat a balanced diet and always add protein and complex carbohydrates in your meals. Also, eat healthful snacks throughout the day for sustained energy.
- Depression: This is a path that we hope you do not tread; depression can be very dangerous for health. Depression doesn’t only take a toll on your mind, but also harms health. Many physical ailments are triggered by a depressed mind. If you have been alienating yourself and often push yourself to a corner in a social occasion, you should get in touch with a psychiatrist and avail treatment as early as possible.
- Hypothyroidism: The thyroid gland located right at the base of your neck is the one that controls your body’s metabolism and hypothyroidism is the medical condition that marks low functioning of the gland. Seek treatment if your thyroid gland is underproductive; synthetic hormones can bring it up to speed.
A sluggish day can ruin your mood. Try and recognise its cause/s and seek treatment on a timely manner before it leads you to contract a disease.
Image Source: Getty
Read more articles on Exercise and Fitness.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.