Sexual problems may not be prevented completely but some general tips can be followed to keep the conditions that cause them at bay.
Sexual problems are the result of some underlying physical or emotional complication. The underlying condition can be controlled to prevent or delay the development of sexual problems. These problems cannot be prevented because you acquire them through other dysfunctions. It is important that you understand the conditions that can develop into sexual problems and treat them as soon as possible. Timely treatment would ensure that you escape from developing severe conditions of sexual dysfunction.
General Tips for Preventing Sexual Problems
- Adhere to your doctor’s advice on the medical condition you are suffering from.
- Quit smoking because it has an adverse impact on your reproductive system. Its adverse impact on sexual health of men and women alike is undeniable.
- Limit alcohol consumption as it is known to impair arousal, desire, orgasm and also cause sexual pain.
- Get a trained counsellor for yourself and rid yourself of anxieties, fears, depression and stress. Get the proper professional treatment before these start to cause sexual problems.
- If you have intimacy issues with your partner, engage in conversation with him or her. Both of you should share your concerns and needs and find out what is hampering your sex life, lest it turns into a serious one. Educating yourself on sexual behaviour and related issues can help you a lot in this effort.
Men are more likely to face a sexual problem from time to time. Most of the time, it can be handled with the tips given above. However, if the situation tends to go out of hand, you should consider getting professional help. Persistent sexual problems can be a cause for stress and disenchantment between men and their partner.
Many men experience a sexual problem from time to time. However, when the problems are persistent, they can cause distress for the man and his partner, and have a negative impact on their relationship. If you consistently experience sexual function problems, see your doctor for evaluation and treatment. It is important that you are prompt about visiting your doctor as otherwise; the condition can worsen and lead to more serious complications.
The success of treatment of your condition depends wholly on its underlying cause. Treatable or reversible medical conditions stand a better chance at treatment. Stress, fear and lack of communication between partners can be resolved relatively easily but a serious physical complication such as erectile dysfunction may need intensive treatment.
Read more articles on Sex Problems
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.