Cranial osteopathy has a lot of benefits for the patient including holistic natural treatment without side-effects.
Cranial Osteopathy is a technique which aims to bring about and maintain stability and sense of equilibrium in the body by balancing its interconnected systems. It is also used for providing relief from pain by natural means. The principle of cranial osteopathy is that many diseases occur due to a disturbance in the normal musculoskeletal structure of the body. Even the problems of the circulatory and nervous system are affected by such a disturbance.
How does cranial osteopathy help?
In your first consultation with a cranial osteopath, your earlier injuries as well as any medications you are taking are examined. It is followed by a physical assessment that includes testing of reflexes, blood pressure and the level of comfort of the patient while standing and sitting in different postures.
The osteopath would try to find out the body’s rhythm based on the position and movement of the cranium. It is an attempt to find out how spinal fluid moves around the brain. Now, he is able to recommend a treatment that includes, besides manipulation of the joints and patent osteopathic techniques, advice for complimentary lifestyle modifications.
Advantages of Cranial Osteopathy Treatment
- It is a proven technique for safe treatment useful for people of all ages. This advantage is widely acknowledged in the medical profession.
- This treatment is especially beneficial for people of old age. They experience improved mobility and much less pain. They feel good about being able to maintain their independence.
- This treatment can make the children much more relaxed and enables them to sleep much better after the treatment.
- Cranial osteopathy is a very gentle treatment which can be used even during pregnancy.
- It has been found to be useful even for patients who are under a lot of pain.
- This treatment can also be used effectively on babies.
- The side effects of cranial osteopathy are short-lived; do not last more than a day. These involve feeling light-headed or tired but this may get over within a minute in some cases, and at most up to a day. There are no long-term side effects.
- It is a safe, effective, versatile and holistic form of natural treatment. The choice of techniques to be used for treatment depends on the condition of the patient, his medical history and their feedback.
Cranial osteopathy is an effective treatment for headache, sinus problems, menstrual pain, migraines, stress, digestive system problems and infections.
Read more articles on Osteopathy
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.