It doesn’t feel good to have a skin that easily dries, peels and looks dull all the time. Here are easy, convenient and effective homemade face packs for dry skin.
Maybe you've had a day when you step out of the shower and feel like your skin has shrunk. Or maybe you've had a night when you can hardly sleep because your skin is so itchy and painful. Dry skin is the culprit in both of these scenarios- it's a common problem. Dry skin is a bane for women of any age. If you have dry skin, you will need special beauty tips and treatments than people with other skin types.
And as ageing begins, problems related to dry skin become more pronounced. Wrinkles form sooner than say, in a woman with normal or oily skin. But with many beauty tips at hand, both natural and man made, this condition can be improved significantly. Religiously adding homemade face packs to your daily regimen can help you achieve the perfect glowing skin.
By following some natural skin care regime and by regular application of homemade face packs suitable for dry skin, you can overcome the parched, dry look. Fruits contain vitamins and some very natural homemade face packs for dry skin can be made from fruits like banana, papaya, peach and avocado. In addition, homemade face packs for dry skin will help locking in moisture in the skin. Though various cosmetic products are also available in the market, it would be ideal to choose homemade face packs as they are natural and cause no harm to the skin. These natural beauty tips will give you a soft, glowing look to dry and dull skin.
The homemade face pack for dry skin should be applied to thoroughly cleansed skin, and it should be followed by an oil based moisturiser. Moisturiser should be applied in upwards and outwards circular motion on the face.
Some natural fruit based face packs suitable especially for dry skin are :
- Banana Face Pack: To make a homemade face pack with banana, add two teaspoons honey and two tablespoons of well beaten yoghurt to a quarter of mashed banana and mix well. Apply on face and neck, avoiding the eyes and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse well with plenty of water.
- Papaya Face Pack: Papaya just by itself is wonderful and enough as a homemade face pack for dry skin. Just mash a slice of skinned and deseeded papaya, apply thickly all over your face. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Peach Face Pack: Just like papaya, you don’t need to use anything else with peach. Cut a slice of ripe peach and rub it all over your face in a gentle, circular motion. Leave on for 20 minutes and wipe face with a clean, damp face cloth. An easy and convenient beauty tip it is.
- Avocado Face Pack: Another fantastic homemade face pack for dry skin can be made with avocados. Mash one ripe avocado till you get a creamy paste. Apply all over face and neck and let dry for half an hour. Rinse with lukewarm water followed by cold water to close the pores.
There are some other face packs suitable for dry skin made with natural ingredients other than fruits:
- Wheat Flour Pack: Mix two tablespoons wheat flour with a tablespoon of milk cream. Add sufficient rosewater to make a paste and apply on clean face and neck. Let dry and wipe off with damp cloth.
- Honey Face Pack: Whisk together 1 ½ tbsp. honey, 2 tsp. glycerine and 1 egg white. To this add 1/3rd cup flour to make a paste. Apply all over face and neck and rinse after 15 minutes. This is an excellent pack for making skin smooth and soft.
- Onion Pack: Although the strong smell of onion is a put off for most women, this beauty tip is very effective for a wrinkle free skin even for women in their sixties. Just grate some onion and squeeze out the juice, add a few drops of honey, mix well and apply all over your face and neck. Let dry, about 15 minutes, and wash off.
In all of the above mentioned homemade face packs for dry skin, pastes and mixes should be made with rose water and not plain water. Please note that if you are allergic to any of the substances, do not use them.
Read more articles on Dry Skin Treatment
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.