Mango Tango Salad Ingredients (Serves 4)* Onion- 1 small- finely chopped* Fresh lime juice-2 ½ tbsp* Mangoes- 2 large* Salt- 1 tsp* Fresh orange juice-750 ml* Green chillies-2 seeded and finely chopped*
Mango Tango Salad
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Onion- 1 small- finely chopped
- Fresh lime juice-2 ½ tbsp
- Mangoes- 2 large
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Fresh orange juice-750 ml
- Green chillies-2 seeded and finely chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves
- In a small bowl, toss the onion with the lime juice. Let stand for 40 minutes.
- Working with 1 mango at a time, score the skin into quarters.
- Peel half the mango and cut 1/4-inch lengthwise slices down to the pit. Cut crosswise to release the slices. Repeat with the other side. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of water with the salt. Add the mangoes and let stand for 40 minutes.
- Drain the mangoes and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl and add the orange juice. Drain the onion and sprinkle over the mangoes with the chopped chillies. Garnish with the coriander.
MMMMM….. Yummy Mango Lassi
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 1/4 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mango pulp
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey or sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 9 to 10 standard-size ice cubes
- If using a fresh mango, peel and remove the flesh from the pit; cut mango into small pieces.
- In a blender, add yogurt, lemon juice, mango pulp, water, and honey or sugar. Blend approximately 2 to 3 minutes or until you see a little forming in the mixture. Add the ice and blend until frothy!
NOTE: Some people like to pour the mango mixture over ice cubes instead of blending the ice cubes in the drink.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.