Ayurvedic treatment for skin involves identifying its type as one with Vata, Pitta or Kafa Dosha. The ayurvedic treatment for skin allergy or other ailments is based on the type of dosha.
Skin can be considered as the mirror or barometer of an individual's health. If you are not healthy the skin appears dull and lifeless and if you don’t care well for your skin it suffers. The ayurvedic treatment for skin involves identifying the skin type of a person varies based on their dosha. A person with vata dosha has dry, rough, cold, thin skin with fine pores and wrinkles, whereas the skin of a person with pitta constitution is delicate, fair and red toned with freckles, moles or acne and suffers from sunburns easily. So, if you want ayurvedic treatment for skin allergy, it would be based on reaction of your skin type to the allergens.
The skin of a person with kapha dosha is oily, smooth, moist and thick with a tendency to develop large pores. Following a healthy lifestyle and food habits, are important aspects of skin care. But if you continue to have skin problems despite all this, some ayurvedic medicines can be useful. Read on to know more about ayurvedic treatment for skin.
- Eat Veggies: Vegetables are easy to digest and are rich in vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. Vegetables such as lettuce, carrot, cucumber, daikon radish, fennel, and tender asparagus tips are tridoshic (they are good for all types of skin). Ensure that you eat plenty of green and other coloured veggies.
- Eat Seeds and Nuts: Including seeds and nuts into your diet is one of the ayurvedic remedies for skin. Seeds and nuts contain Omega-3 fatty acids, other healthy fats, and fibre; all of which are good for your skin.
- Sip some Tea: Vata tends to make your skin dry and cold so staying hydrated will make your skin look younger. Have plenty of fluids and drink warm liquids, such as herbal tea to keep yourself hydrated and your skin glowing.
- Do Exercises: Doing regular exercise is necessary to prevent cold vata from accumulating in your body. Exercise improves digestion, blood circulation, keeps muscles and joints healthy and toned and your skin glowing. Do any kind of exercise (walking, jogging, dancing, yoga, or boxing) which you enjoy.
- Yoga and Meditation: Regular practice of yoga and meditation has several benefits. You will surely notice improvement in overall physical health, mental stability and your ability to deal with stress. They are considered good for spiritual growth as well. Improved physical and mental health and ability to deal with stress make your skin glow and look healthy.
- Avoid Sunlight: Direct sunlight can affect your skin. So when you go out cover your face or carry an umbrella to avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
- Eat Healthy: Include plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in your daily diet. Avoid eating foods rich in fat and fried foods.
- Follow Healthy Sleeping Habits: Experts on skin care and ayurvedic doctors recommend healthy sleeping habits and enough sleep for a healthy and glowing complexion. Maintain healthy sleeping habits by sleeping early (before 10 p.m.) and waking early (before 6 a.m.). Ensure that you sleep for at least 7 hours on most days. If you have trouble sleeping, try yoga and meditation to relax yourself.
- Stay well Hydrated: In the morning drink a warm glass of water with lemon juice. Drink plenty of water or fluids (at least three litres of water every day). Water helps to flush the toxins out of the body and keeps the skin hydrated.
- Keep your Skin Clean and Moisturised: Cleansing and moisturising are important to keep your skin healthy and glowing. Ayurvedic doctors recommend regular massage of skin to keep it well hydrated and moisturised.
Ayurveda is a holistic system of treatment and is one of the oldest healing sciences. Given above are some general ayurvedic treatment for skin. To know more on specific skin care issues consult an ayurvedic practitioner. You can get ayurveda for skin problems, skin whitening and other disorders.
- Ayurvedic Treatment
- Ayurveda for Skin Problems
- Ayurvedic Tips for Healthy Skin
- Ayurvedic Remedies for Glowing Skin
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.