Ayurvedic Remedies for Digestion - Ayurveda can give your body a great boost in these times when its condition, especially the digestion, is not very good because of the unhealthy lifestyle that most people have.
Digestion and health are complementary to each other. A healthy, clean stomach is a sign of good health and vice versa. Sadly, contemporary fast food and a technologically driven age have made digestion a tiresome occupation for the stomach. However, worry not for we bring to you tips on ayurvedic remedies for healthy digestion. By taking recourse to Ayurveda, you will soon say bye bye to your unhealthy way of life!
- Nothing overpowers the importance of hot water in an easy and healthy digestion. It cleans the stomach and flushes out the toxins from the body. It also helps in losing weight which further adds to its advantages. Other than that, it relieves heartburn, vomiting and stomach cramps.
- You can improve your digestion by dividing your stomach into four parts (hypothetically of course)! Two parts are to be filled by solid food, the third part with liquid and the fourth one is to be kept empty for gas movements.
- Make it a point that you masticate every bite of the food that you eat really well.
- Vegetarian diet is always preferred over non-vegetarian food in ayurveda for healthy digestion.
- Lemon has a great role to play in digestion. It is the richest in vitamin C and when mixed with warm water, it eliminates waste from the system and also serves as a liver tonic.
- Avoid consuming raw and cooked food together. It is difficult for digestion.
- Milk should not be taken with sour fruits, sour cream, yoghurt, cheese or fish; it leads to hydrochloric acid action in the stomach which results in the curdling of milk.
- Use of ginger is a strongly advocated for digestion. It increases digestive fire (agni), which helps in absorption of food.
- Seasonal vegetables and fruits can improve your digestion.
- Saindhav salt, desi ghee, unpolished cereals, whole wheat and honey are also important players in ayurveda for healthy digestion.
- It is important that you eat only when you feel hungry because it indicates that the previous food has digested completely.
- An Indian kitchen is incomplete without chutney and so are ayurevda tips for digestion. Prepared with coriander, fresh mint, green chillies, lemon juice and ginger. These are perfect digestion foods.
- Aloe vera juice is very supportive for digestion. Drink approximately 10 to 20 ml of the juice two times a day. Certain medicines such as trifla churan, kumariasav, hingwashtak churan and lasun vatti are proven ayurvedic remedies for digestion.
- Exercise is an important tip suggested by Ayurveda for healthy digestion. Yoga, Pranayam and other similar exercises should be practiced for maximum benefit along with taking ayurvedic remedies.
From sipping hot water to performing exercises, ayurvedic treatment for healthy digestion include numerous ways in which digestion can be boosted. For all its positive results, ayurveda for healthy digestion has been famous far and wide and the magic is still on!
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.