Ayurveda offers effective solutions for maintaining sexual health of men. Besides this, it also describes diet, life style changes and herbal remedies for healthy life and to promotes development of resistance to diseases and to helps you to have
The stress, tension and fast paced lifestyle has considerably increased the health risks for men, and understanding the health risks is a crucial part in maintaining a healthy life. The common health concerns in men include heart disease, cancer, obesity, diabetes, stroke and conditions unique to men such as diseases of prostate, low libido, erectile dysfunction, male infertility, low sperm count and low quantity of semen. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for all these conditions.Ayurveda describes diet, life style changes and herbal remedies which makes men healthy, promotes development of resistance to diseases and to helps you to have active and healthy life through out.
Ayurveda for Benign Prostate Enlargement: Prostate gland is a small gland located below the urinary bladder surrounding the urethra in males. Prostate is needed to maintain optimal health. It produces the seminal fluid that is discharged during sexual stimulation. An enlarged prostate can cause impotence, low sex drive and problems in urination. Prostate problems are caused due to kapha vitiation.
- According to Ayurveda prostate problems can be classified as Mootrakruchra that is difficulty in urination and Mootraghata that is suppression of urination.
- Guggulu and shilajit are considered as the herbs of choice for treatment of enlarged prostate. Guggulu has anti inflammatory properties, and is especially useful in curing an enlarged prostate.
- Other herbs used for treatment of enlarged prostate are Shatavri, Punarnava, Kanchanara, and Gokshura. Spices such as turmeric, ginger and cinnamon can be used.
- Some useful Ayurvedic supplements for enlarged prostate are Gokshuradi Guggulu, Chandraprabha Vati, Shilajeet Vati, Gorakhmundi Ghana, Punarnava Ghana and Latakaranj Ghana.
- Yoga: A yogic exercise in Ashwini mudra (named after a horse’s bottom!) is very beneficial for symptoms of enlarged prostate.
Ayurveda for Premature ejaculation: Premature ejaculation is a very common sexual problem among men. This occurs in most men at some time or other, but is often found in very young men and can have a demoralizing effect on both partners.
Reassurance is the best treatment as in most men it is a passing problem and resolves in most men in due course of time. If your problem persists or becomes a long term problem, seek a doctor's opinion.
The exact cause of premature ejaculation is not known.
- Homeopathy has about 48 different remedies for premature ejaculation. Phosphoric acid, Gelsemium, Calcarea carbonica, Staphisagria, Agnus castus, Nux vomica, Sulphur, Conium, Zincum, Lycopodium, and Selenium are the commonly prescribed remedies for premature ejaculation.
- Any remedy is prescribed by an experienced homeopath after a detailed analysis of case, symptoms, and your constitution type. A person’s constitutional type is defined by the person's physical, emotional, and psychological makeup. This is done to make a tailor made prescription which usually has significant effects with no side effects.
Caution: Be open with your doctor and share all your problems with him. Several homeopathic remedies are useful for health problems in men. For optimal response consult a professional homeopathic physician with regard to dosage, duration, and the remedy to be used rather than self treating.
Ayurvedic offers treatment covering psychosomatic-sexual axis and effective herbal remedies for premature ejaculation. The drugs which delay ejaculation are known as Stambhaka drugs. These herbal remedies should be preferably used under supervision of an Ayurvedic Physician. Some of the drugs useful for treatment include
- Ashwagandha Churna: Taken in doses of 5gms twice a day with milk helps men with problem of premature ejaculation.
- Jatiphala (Myristica Fragrans): This remedy taken along with milk is also an effective remedy, when used in doses of 3-5 gms twice a day.
- Speman tablet (Himalaya Drugs): It is taken as 1 to 2 tablets twice a day after meals. It is a useful remedy for premature ejaculation.
- Tentex Forte tablet (Himalaya Drugs): This tablet is taken twice a day (1 to 2 tablets) after meals.
Some general measures to combat Early Ejaculation include
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Check out with your doctor for side effects of medicines that you are prescribed.
- Try to lose weight if you are obese, do regular exercises to keep you fit.
- Control your diet, eat healthy food like freshly cooked home foods. Reduce your intake of salts, spicy, oily and fried foods.
- Try to bring down the level of stress in your life with relaxation techniques, changes in life style and yoga.
- Spend adequate time with your partner
Caution: Be open with your doctor and share all your problems with him. Beware of Quacks. Several herbal remedies are useful for health problems in men. Consult an Ayurvedic physician with regard to dosage, duration, and dietary supplements rather than self treating for optimal response.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.