Food allergy is one of the main forms of allergy in adults. This might happen due to intake of a substance that does not suit the body type of the person. Under such circumstances, the following signs must be diagnosed:
- The skin suffers from itchiness, redness, swelling and hives. While constant scratching might result in severity of the itch, the condition might even get worse to the extent of pain in the affected area.
- There are chances of dark circles appearing around the eyes and the eyes becoming puffed up.
- Eating an allergic substance may also result in indigestion—nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and stomach upset.
- Inflammation of the nasal passage may be a cause of irritation in the nose.
- Allergy might also result in a running nose accompanied by sneezing and wheezing.
- One might experience severe cough.
- There are chances of falling short of breath in such cases.
- The chest might also have a tight sensation due to congestion.
Read more articles on Allergy