You should never turn your back on your back fat. Know these amazing workout to get rid of fat on your back.
During the weight loss journey people mostly talk about belly fat or fat on thighs but have you ever wondered about the fat that deposits on your back? You should never turn your back on your back fat. You should never ignore the fat on your back because it puts you at a higher risk of diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility. To get rid of any body fat there are only two ways- a healthy diet and intense workout and same rule is applicable on fat on your back. Back muscles like – the lats, traps, erector spinae, rhomboids, etc. give support to your back and spine, give assistance to your daily movements, strengthen your shoulders, chest, and core. Back muscles also improve your posture. It often becomes difficult to target a specific body part. But some exercises can help you in such a situation.
Here are 4 workouts to get rid of back fat
Note that, before you start any workout you must warm-up a little to prepare your body for the workout. Some warm up exercises which you can try may include –
Head tilts, neck turns, arm circles, wrist circles, shoulder circles, waist circles, side lunges, standing upper body twist, standing side crunches, ankle circles, calf raises, jumping jacks, spot jogging, and standing alternate toe touch.
Also read: Exercises to Relieve Stress Instantly
Know when you are ready to go.
One arm dumbbell row
- Spot your right knee on a flat seat, and your right hand on the seat. Keep your palm level, spine in accordance with your butts, left leg little more extensive than shoulder-width apart, and left knee bent a bit
- Pick up the dumbbell with your left hand. Keep your left hand expanded downward, and loosen up your neck. Keep your shoulders squeezed back, look down, and keep your center locked in. This is the beginning position
- Flex your left elbow and pull the dumbbell up till it nearly reaches your armpit
- Slowly, bring down your hand to the beginning position
- After completing one set, do the same with the right hand
Target area of this workout are - Lats, rhomboids, erector spinae, lower traps, rotator cuffs, shoulder blades, biceps, and core.
- Snatch a dumbbell in each hand and get into a twisted around position
- Move your hands from one another till they reach the shoulder level. Press your shoulder bones together
- Lower your hands back to the beginning position
- For the beginning you can go 3 sets of 15 reps
Targeted muscles are – traps, rhomboid, rear delts and chest
Bird Dog Crunches
- Get on your hands and knees on the floor in a quadruped or dog position
- Take your right arm straight out and expand your left leg straight behind you
- Complete a crunch by bringing your knee and elbow to meet one another
- Extend them back to the beginning position and after that repeat
- For beginning do 2 set of 15 reps and increase sets as well as reps
Targeted muscles – back extensors, erector spinae, rear deltoids, abs and glutes
- Rest on your stomach on a mat and keep your feet and arms spread out
- Lift your right arm up, followed by your left leg. All the while, lift your head three inches off the ground. Keep your abs and glutes pressed in
- Hold this for 3 seconds. Discharge by bringing your head, arm, and leg down
- Change to the opposite side. Along with your head, lift your left arm and right leg this time
- 2 sets of 15 reps
Targeted muscles are – back, glutes and hamstrings
Read more articles on Exercise and Fitness.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.