Ways to Get Rid of Acne
Aug 16, 2011
Acne is a common skin condition that occurs due to excessive production of sebum (oil) by oil glands present on the skin.
One can easily get rid of acne by making simple changes in routine habits.
- Washing your face is one of the easiest and effective ways to get rid of acne. Wash your face twice a day to remove dust, dirt, dead skin cells and bacteria accumulated throughout the day. Make sure that you are gentle with your skin as harsh scrubbing can agitate and weaken your skin.
- Another effective way to avoid and get rid of acne is to keep your hands off your face. This is because hands often come into contact with grime, sweat, dust and bacteria.
- Keep stress at bay. When you are stressed your skin begins to produce more oil. These days stress has become an inseparable part of our hectic schedules so it is important to make extra efforts to reduce it. You can start yoga and meditation to attain peace of mind.
- Exercise and sweating out helps to detoxify the body and clean the oil glands. Even a half-an-hour exercise, 3 to 4 times a week can help to remove dead skin cells and clear out your skin pores.
- To reduce swelling, gently apply ice on the acne spot. This will unclog the skin pore and help in quick healing.
- Benzyl peroxide is one of the effective ways to treat acne. It breaks up dead skin cells and removes oil and bacteria that clog your pores.
- Be careful while choosing cosmetic products. While buying moisturisers, make-up and sunscreen make sure that they are oil free and non-acnegenic. Irrespective of the kind of make-up you wear, it is important to wipe it off before you go to sleep.
- Keep hair products away from your face. While bathing, wash your face last so as to get rid of traces of shampoo or conditioner.
- To treat acne one must increase vitamin A intake. Try to take your vitamins from fruits and vegetables as they are less fat soluble.
- You can try a homemade remedy for acne treatment. Wash your face with warm water and then apply mashed carrot, cucumber and milk. This will help to get rid of acne and at the same time make your skin radiant.
- Crush garlic and directly apply on the acne spot. Garlic has anti-bacterial properties that eliminate acne causing bacteria.
- Scrubbing your skin can make acne worse. Avoid the temptation to scrub your skin.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Shampoo regularly. If you have oily hair, shampoo daily.
- Let your skin heal naturally. If you pick, pop or squeeze your acne, your skin will take longer to clear and you increase the risk of getting acne scars.
- Stay out of the sun and tanning beds. Tanning damages you skin. In addition, some acne medications make the skin very sensitive to ultraviolet (UV) light, which you get from both the sun and indoor tanning devices.
- Using tanning beds increases your risk for melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer, by 75 percent.
- If acne is constantly increasing then immediately consult your dermatologist.
Read more articles on Acne.