Who likes cauliflower? Well, not many people are fond of cauliflower. There are very less variations that can be done with cauliflower. Indeed the classic ‘gobhi ka paranthas’ are still a better deal but apart from this, how many ways that you can cook a cauliflower in? Well, here we bring you a lip smacking and spicy cauliflower recipe that you can definitely try out this weekend.
- 1 medium size Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Puree of 2 large sized tomatoes
- 1 tsp of black pepper powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 small piece of cinnamon stick
- Take a deep pan and boil all the cauliflower pieces in it. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Then drain all the water and then keep aside.
- Take another pan and heat oil in it. Add the whole spices and sauté for about a minute.
- Add the curry leaves, chilies and onions in the whole spices and cook till the leaves are golden.
- Now, add the ginger and garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- After cooking, add all the spice powders one by one along with 2 cups of water. Cook this until the oil separates.
- Add the tomato puree and sauté again, till the oil separates.
- Now, add the cooked cauliflower, salt and sugar. Mix well in the masala. Add water and bring it to boil. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Take a bowl and add some curd. Take some gravy and mix in the curd. Now, add the mixture of gravy and curd into the curry.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Throw in the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
Image source: Getty