5 tips that can help you gain weight fast
Aug 24, 2017
- Gaining fat is not weight gain.
- Just eating too much will not help you gain weight the healthy way.
- There is a proper way and method of weight gain.
If you want to gain weight, bear in mind that it has to be healthy weight gain and gaining fat is not the right approach for your health. If you think eating as much of fast food as you like and making yourself bulky is the right way to go about gaining weight, think again. It would be much better if you maintained your thin look rather than thinking like that. So, how to gain weight?
Given below are some tips to gain weight in a healthy way:
- Add calories: Although not in an unwise manner, the essence of gaining weight is eating more than before. But you should plan your meals in a way that helps you gain lean mass and not fat. Assorted nuts, milk, cheese, high calorie fruits such as banana are some of the foods that are very useful in helping you gain weight.
- Strength exercise: Weight training is an important part of gaining weight. This may sound ironical to some but it is true that you need to be able to use up the excess of calories that you are consuming. This can be achieved by working out. But make sure that you give your body enough rest too. So, working out three days of a week is recommended.
- Starchy vegetables: You should choose starchy vegetables so that more carbohydrates are consumed. These include corn, potato and carrots. Veggies such as celery and cucumber are too watery and do not help you gain weight. They can be taken as appetisers though, but not as the main course.
- Sleep better: Other than improved sleeping and weight training, get sleep of at least 8 hours a day. This is important because sleeping initiates repairing mechanism in your body which is very important to make good any loss due to wear and tear of muscle, and in order to prepare the body to take the strains of exercise much better.
- Have more proteins: You need to increase the amount of protein in your diet. This is for obvious reasons. You are working out and it is important that the additional calories that you consume get converted into muscles and not so much fatty formations on your body.
These tips should tell you how to gain weight and it is advisable that you set about following them right away. Your body of dreams is only a few months away if you follow these steps.