Spices are essential for food to be lip-smacking and sexual foreplay is one such spice in your sex life which will keep you wanting for more. It must not be skipped as it is the physical manifestation of a reservoir full of emotions for your partner. This doesn’t however mean that you must spend hours cuddling, kissing and using the trial and error method to arouse your partner.
[Read: Don'ts for First Night with New Partner]
As per a scientific study – both women and men take 10-15 minutes to be sexually aroused, women, however in some cases may take more time. Agreeing with this, Dr. Rahul Gupta, Sexologist at Ashok Clinic says, “Women tend to like sexual foreplay even more than the actual intercourse. In this light sexual foreplay can be a warm up.”
[Read: Top 5 Things Women Want in Bed]
Tips for a warming up:
- Eye contact: They say silence speaks a thousand words and this non-physical act can make your partner go weak in the knees.
- Just kiss: Rather than groping each other, close your eyes and enjoy a deep tongue kiss or whichever you may have mastered. It’s a stimulus that is enough to get a desired response of getting intimate.
- Dirty dancing: Well even if you’ve got two left feet it doesn’t matter, those not-so-perfect moves can be quite intimidating. Krutika says that both she and her partner enrolled themselves for a salsa class. At night imperfect dance moves can turn out to be perfect foreplay.
- Get naughty: Put ice cubes on the nape, handcuff your partner and pour some chocolate syrup, and whipped cream. Take time to wipe it clean with your tongue.
- Gentle touch: Give them a love-bite in a subtle fashion and run your fingers through the hair, arms, lips, stomach, thighs. Just tickle. Feather-tickle can work but do it with a look-to-die-for.
- Massage: Dim the lights of the room, light the scented candles, and create an ambience -- a romantic one. Play some soft romantic music and give each other a foot or a back massage.
- Denying a touch and wink- It is a major turn on. To check-mate remove your partner’s clothes with erotic moves, and do tease them while you do so. Master the art!
- Scrabble: You’ll love it. Do trash talking through those tiny blocks of alphabets, and arouse each other with some dirty diction. Prepare a rule-book for it and have a mantra for this, 'punish with a spank and reward with a kiss'.
Don’t be orthodox and lower your inhibitions to talk about what might be sexually arousing to your partner. It is advisable that you do it outside the bedroom because there’s no time to contemplate when in bed. Dr. Rahul Gupta adds, “It will make both man and the woman comfortable with each other and when in action men can easily get an errection and the women’s vagina will be lubricated enough for a comfortable and pleasing intercourse.” Now, how’s that for an experience?
[Read: How to Improve Intimacy in Relationship]
Avoid trial and error method to see which one would work on your partner. Be prepared because he/she might keep mum then, and surprise you with an embarrassing remark later. But you can surely be experimental: Discuss and invent with your partner.
Read more articles on Sex and Relationships.