Problems that Make Sex Painful for Men
Mar 15, 2013
There are multiple reasons that can make sex painful for men, but most of them stem from minor infections. Some of them are enumerated below:
- Peyronie’s disease is a condition that causes the penis to become bent or curved during erection. While it does not pose any difficulty while urinating, it may cause pain during sexual intercourse. Researchers believe that this condition may be the result of penile injuries, genetic disorders, and/or Vitamin E deficiency. It seems to be most common in males in the age group of 40 – 60 years. Often the condition disappears by itself, but if it persists, oral medications are effective.
- Prostatitis is an inflammation or infection of the prostate gland which is positioned behind the penis. This causes pain during urinating and pain in ejaculation during sex.
- Urinary tract infections occur due to germs that enter the body through the urethra. These germs can cause prostatitis and go on to attack the kidneys, all of which could cause pain in men during sex. Drinking plenty of water could ease the condition.
- Yeast infections cause itching or burning at the tip of the penis and characterised by pain in males performing sexual intercourse.
- Dermatitisis a type of allergy that causes inflammation of the skin around the penis.They result on account of sensitivity to certain chemicals and soaps, as well as certain foods. Males who are circumcised escape this affliction. Those who have it are likely to have pain during sexual intercourse.
- Herpes: Those males who have genital herpes also have sores on the penis which can result in painful sex. The best course of action is to refrain from sex till it heals. Besides, it is extremely infectious and affects their partners.
- Psoriasis: These scaly red patches are not infectious but can get painful on account of friction during sex.
- Phimosis & Paraphimosis are connected with the conditions of the foreskin. In the former, the foreskin is too tight to be retracted over the head of the penis and it is stuck behind the head of the penis and cannot be pulled forward, in the latter. Males who suffer from these foreskin conditions would have pain during sex.
In conclusion, problems that can make sex painful for men, have multiple causes. Some of them are summarised below:
- Peyronie’s disease, that causes the penis to be bent during erection; affects males in the age group of 60-80 years.
- Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland which results in pain during ejaculation.
- Urinary tract infection enters the male body through the urethra and can affect the prostate gland and the kidneys.
- Yeast infections can cause a burning sensation at the penis tip.
- Dermatitis, an allergic reaction to certain soaps and chemicals and some foods causes inflammation of the penis.
- Genital herpes causes sores to appear on the penis and genitals.
- Psoriasis results in scaly patches which may get inflamed on account of friction during sex.
- Foreskin problems such as Phimosis and Paraphimosis, where the foreskin is too tight to be pulled over the penis or stuck behind and cannot be pulled forward over the head.
Read more articles on Sex Problems