Pregnancy Symptoms by Trimester
Jun 09, 2011
- Fatigue is one of the common first trimester pregnancy symptoms.
- Increased belly size is quite noticeable in the second trimester of pregnancy.
- You may breathe slightly faster or may note shortness of breath in 2nd trimester.
- Backaches and heartburns are the symptoms present during third trimester.
Pregnancy symptoms of all the three trimesters of pregnancy are characterised by immense transformation in a woman's body.
Knowing what each trimester of pregnancy brings, can help in confidently face the months ahead. Every pregnancy is different but some pregnancy symptoms remain common in all pregnancies.
- Fatigue is one of the common first trimester pregnancy symptoms. It is because your body is preparing to support entire pregnancy process.
- Most of the pregnant women experience morning sickness or uneasiness, nausea and vomiting in their early pregnancy.
- Abdominal pain.
- Swollen and tender breast: Increased hormone production will make your breast more sensitive, fuller and heavier than before.
- Heartburn and Constipation: During first trimester the entire digestive process slows down so that all the nutrients are easily absorbed by bloodstream and reach the foetus.
- Food carving: Desire for a particular or unusual type of food is a common symptom in first trimester of pregnancy. On an average 85% of women report certain type of food carving during pregnancy.
- Frequent Urination: In the first trimester of pregnancy you may urinate frequently. This is because the uterus is growing in size and is pressing your bladder.
- Growing belly: Increased belly size is quite noticeable in the second trimester of pregnancy. Uterus expands to give room to the growing baby. As a result abdomen keeps on increasing in size.
- Braxton Hicks contractions: You may experience tightening of uterus muscles for about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Stretch Marks: you nay notice pink, purple or red streaks on your abdomen, breast, buttocks and upper area of arms. The stretch marks are often accompanied by an itch in the stretched skin.
- Changes in skin: Another symptom of second (2nd) trimester of pregnancy is change in the skin colour. Certain areas of your skin may become darker for instance, skin around your nipples and the line that runs from your navel to pubic bone.
- Some women report that during second trimester of pregnancy, their skin has become more sensitive to sun.
- Vaginal discharge: You may notice thin and white vaginal discharge. This acidic discharge is helpful in suppressing the harmful bacteria.
- Shortness of breath: You may breath slightly faster or may note shortness of breath. This is because your lung starts processing more air and so that oxygen can be carried to placenta.
- Spider veins, varicose veins and haemorrhoids.
- Increased blood circulation can sprout tiny blood vessels on face, neck, breast and legs.
- Shortness of breath, continued breast growth, vaginal discharge, backaches and heartburns are the symptoms present during pregnancy in third trimester.
Read more articles on Pregnancy Symptoms.